Lucas

John Terry

Bluemoon is hilarious.

One bloke's saying "Thank god, 28/29 year old Terry isn't coming".

*rolls eyes*

Codger   
If Chelsea announce contract talks in the next few weeks with Terry you will look pretty foolish I might add.
As opposed to someone who might look foolish because their mate told them that Terry might be leaving, and has sinced based their whole argument on that alone?

bluereed   
Despite many people on here disloyally presuming that JT's recent statements are outright lies, I thought I might as well document what he has said in his recent SSN interview as he has answered many people's criticisms of him directly and it seemed to be a bit clearer than his official statement.

So no new deal has been negotiated in the past few weeks. As for retaining our best players and looking to sign top quality ones who will improve the squad, isn't this exactly what everyone on here wants? If you had the ear of Roman wouldn't you say the same thing?

I made this point elsewhere but I should have put it in here. I believe he's done us all a service. It's akin to all season ticket holders en masse saying "before we sign up for next season can you just reassure us that you're going to hold on to our best players and put the necessary investment into the squad". We all know we'll be there next season anyway, but it would focus the minds of the powers that be on our concerns.

This is the same John Terry that denied he had anything to do with Mourinho leaving. The Observer/Guardian ran a two page article detailing events that led up to Mourinho leaving. Terry was involved according to that article....then Makelele writes his autobiography and desribes a very similar picture,saying Terry was invoved. Terry threatened to sue the Observer/Guardian and Makelele and his publishers but nothing ever happened.......funny that isn't it? And you want to take Terry's word? More fool you.

bluereed   
As opposed to someone who might look foolish because their mate told them that Terry might be leaving, and has sinced based their whole argument on that alone?

The only reason Terry would have left is if he hadn't got assurances from Roman and the board that his contract would be improved. I'm sure we will hear about this contract improvement in the future. How long Chelsea FC decide to keep it under wraps is anyones guess. They will probably release details when the hullabaloo has died down.

The only reason Terry would have left is if he hadn't got assurances from Roman and the board that his contract would be improved. I'm sure we will hear about this contract improvement in the future.

NO.

The only reason Terry would have left was if he felt that something was so broken at Chelsea that he couldn't be a part of it or help destroy our club.

Lets not get too sensative and have our oh so soft egos and feelings hurt.

If Roman hadn't come and the finances dictacted, that JT be sold way back then, most supporters would have waived him on with thanks for bringing in some much needed cash to our Club.

This is the same John Terry that denied he had anything to do with Mourinho leaving.
The same John Terry who was on the phone to Roman asking him to reconsider the sacking?

More fool you.
Quite. For every press story trying to portray Terry in the light you seem desperate to cast upon him, there's another that says the contrary. Think a little.

bluereed   
The same John Terry who was on the phone to Roman asking him to reconsider the sacking?

Quite. For every press story trying to portray Terry in the light you seem desperate to cast upon him, there's another that says the contrary. Think a little.

Come off it Tweeds 10. You are in a minority. The only people backing Terry and his shenanigans are die hard Chelsea fans in whose eyes Terry can do nothing wrong. Even Chelsea supporters are split over this debacle.....happy he's staying but not happy with his actions,or should I say inaction.Where did you get the bit about John Terry being on the phone? John Terry? And by the way according to Chelsea Fc and Mourinho he wasnt sacked....he left by mutual consent.

Edited by bluereed

Dazz   

I'm not saying I don't believe JT's assurances reasons, but there must be an element of him wanting a new improved deal based on what he can get else where. I don't see the problem with this, and as if he'd come out and admit it anyway, I doubt he'd even admit it to teamates so any speculation in the press will always be just that, speculation. And in a world of greed, everyone will rightfully or wrongfully attribute it to greed, and not accept any other reasonings.

JT will always be a legend, and is currently be the man that captained us to our most sucessful period in 104 years, and nothing can damage that, hence I brought the JT Captain, Leader, Legend banner with me to Baltimore for the AC Milan match (The only one I could afford to do).

Before the match was outside the players hotel as they boarded the coach, Lamps walked straight on, JT spent ages signing autographs. I started a John Terry chant which didn't catch on, followed by a One England Captain chant where JT glanced up at me whilst signing stuff, again no one joined in, they instead started a very American 'Terry, Terry, Terry' chant instead.

JT got on the coach and sat next to the window, so I unravelled the JT banner on the pavement, and a few of us held it up, I kept pounding the Chelsea badge on my shirt and pointing at him, and he stuck his thumb up. Some bald guy in a Chelsea training top came up to me holding two tickets out for me, so I told him I already had a ticket, the person next to me (who had been more on the ball then me) called me an idiot and then I watched in disbelief as he walked back on the coach and handed the tickets back to Terry.

So I walked up to the window, gestured to JT I already had a ticket but thanks anyway, and he stuck his thumb up again.

I also got out the Lamps banner which a few of us held up, and Frankie stuck his thumb up when he saw it.

Codger   
The only people backing Terry and his shenanigans are die hard Chelsea fans in whose eyes Terry can do nothing wrong.
Simply not true.

I know you've been away for over a month, and you've based your whole Terry argument on a comment from a mate, but now you're just being lazy and generalising.

bluereed   
Simply not true.

I know you've been away for over a month, and you've based your whole Terry argument on a comment from a mate, but now you're just being lazy and generalising.

Simply true Grahame.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/poll/20...john-Terry-poll

Of course you can try and rubbish this poll but that would be in line with rubbishing anything bad said about Terry.