Lucas

John Terry

hanuma   
As Club Captain he perhaps has a ' duty ' that other players don't.
To his team-mates mostly. None of them were worried, none of them complained, because none of them are teenage girls on prom night. Not even Kalou. I thought the club were being made to look like victims in the end, certainly by people on here. Sympathy is better than the usual and inevitable vitriol. Thanks John, you took the **** for a month.

Khobar   
Well I have lost both my mother and father and never thought for a minute about leaving the country because of it. So if he is coming from there, I can't understand where he is coming from. If he did think it, he's still here isn't he?

Exactly, we all have our own ways of dealing with our grief and Lampard eventually chose the one that was best for him, just as you chose your road and I chose mine. That's why your 'point' was utterly specious.

It seems many on here consider themselves the arbiter on what is right and wrong and the correct way to behave and somewhere in the mix we have a liberal dose of indignation at the large amounts of money being made by players. It's life, it's football. We have the choice of whether to take part or not. If the urge is particularly strong, there is always the example of FC United of Manchester or AFC Wimbledon - depends exactly HOW strongly people are willing to back up their opinions. My guess is that it'll never get any further than mouthing off on the internet.

And yes, thankfully he's still here.

Exactly, we all have our own ways of dealing with our grief and Lampard eventually chose the one that was best for him, just as you chose your road and I chose mine. That's why your 'point' was utterly specious.

It seems many on here consider themselves the arbiter on what is right and wrong and the correct way to behave and somewhere in the mix we have a liberal dose of indignation at the large amounts of money being made by players. It's life, it's football. We have the choice of whether to take part or not. If the urge is particularly strong, there is always the example of FC United of Manchester or AFC Wimbledon - depends exactly HOW strongly people are willing to back up their opinions. My guess is that it'll never get any further than mouthing off on the internet.

And yes, thankfully he's still here.

Excellent post. It'd be nice to think that people will take the time to read and think about what you've said, instead of just reacting to it. Despite the money, the incessant media attention, and people's personal likes/dislikes/agendas, it's too easy to forget that we're dealing with human beings here. Human beings who really don't deserve to have their every action/reaction questioned, or their motives for such always presented in the worst possible light.

yugam   
The only people this has 'hurt' are Man City and the Chelsea fans who are so offended over a bit of silence that benefited the club and made a point to City have just signed Traore... that's a panic buy.

Of course that's just me being a fanboy I guess supporting since I saw and understood my first game in 1978 plus being critical of many of our players along the way and not trusting Ken or our Current backroom makes my oppinion invalid.

just a quick not mate they signed toure..

So where are all the Man City ITK's who 'knew' he was definitely going to City now? Where are those who said JT was definitely on his way? Where are the accusations of disloyalty? The City fans who thought CFC were yesterday's team, that we might as well let him go now?

Perhaps they have changed their minds and opinions on what they thought was a shoe-in because they have now been presented with the facts.

Now where have I heard that tact before, Prescott...?

Edited by Hugh Jars 99