Lucas

John Terry

RDCW   
John Terry?...he could have been a legend.

Many informed or not will never grant him that status... The cost of silence.

What bollocks ! JT is a legend - far and away our most successful Captain ever, lifter of two league titles and 3 FA Cups as well as being the Captain of England. He has just turned down an extra £50,000 per week minimum pay rise to stay with us - how much Roy Of The Rovers do you need ?

Blue_An   
I do not think that you will find complete 'unconditional love' by any player for any club. Anyone who thinks it exists in the modern era at at least is living in a dreamworld.

I know. The thing is that players pretend to show unconditional love for the club while it is most likely not the case (of course we do not know for sure but the posibility is very real). That is exactly the disappointment I have.

To completely dismiss him as a legend is going to far. If he finishes his career at Chelsea, we should probably forget this little 'problem'.

Edited by Blue_An

That is exactly the disappointment I have.

What is? That JT may, or may not, possibly have loved you as much as you possibly thought he possibly may have - but you're not sure because you don't really know?

Surreal.

Blue_An   
What is? That JT may, or may not, possibly have loved you as much as you possibly thought he possibly may have - but you're not sure because you don't really know?

Surreal.

As I said JT has always created an image of himself staying with Chelsea no matter what. He wants to be seen as the Chelsea hero. The thing is however, if he really wanted to stay at Chelsea he would have smashed rumours immediately. He hasn't. There are a number of explanations for that, and as we agreed, we do not know which one is correct. However it seems reasonable that there is at least a 60%+ chance that he either wanted to leave or wanted to use the Man City situation for his own benefit. This is contrary to the image of the loyal JT who would stay with Chelsea no matter what happened. Even if JT had always had the full intention of staying I am slightly disappointed by the way JT let the saga drag on, while he knew that this was horrible for the Chelsea fans.

As we do not know for sure if he wanted to leave or use Chelsea I am willing to give JT the benefit of the doubt here. We'll see what happens.

As I said JT has always created an image of himself staying with Chelsea no matter what.
Correction: it is you that has created that image. No player can stay at any club 'no matter what. If the club say he is no longer wanted or let his contract lapse, for instance.
He wants to be seen as the Chelsea hero.
And he IS so seen.
The thing is however, if he really wanted to stay at Chelsea he would have smashed rumours immediately. He hasn't. There are a number of explanations for that, and as we agreed, we do not know which one is correct. However it seems reasonable that there is at least a 60%+ chance that he either wanted to leave or wanted to use the Man City situation for his own benefit.
You admit that you don't have a clue about reasons behind any delay, yet proceed to calculate the chances of it being of two.

I say again - it is not unreasonable that such a large offer should prompt JT to ask the club whether they still want him or want to cash him in, in the best interests of the club

CFC1966   
I do not think that you will find complete 'unconditional love' by any player for any club. Anyone who thinks it exists in the modern era at at least is living in a dreamworld.

May be true but the likes of Giggs, Scholes, G.Neville, Carragher and possibly even Stevie Me don't do a bad impression of this IMO.

Ric   

Reading these forum pages this year, it seems that a lot of fans love everything about Chelsea.

Except: the players, the board, the staff, the other fans, the owner, the pitch, the food, the ground, the stewards and the mascot.

I still looking for the post that has: What has the Roman ever done for us?

While other fans who have gotten all their info from the media believe anything bad about us, it seems that it has also eroded some of our fans feelings about the club in general.

Reading these forum pages this year, it seems that a lot of fans love everything about Chelsea.

Except: the players, the board, the staff, the other fans, the owner, the pitch, the food, the ground, the stewards and the mascot.

I still looking for the post that has: What has the Roman ever done for us?

While other fans who have gotten all their info from the media believe anything bad about us, it seems that it has also eroded some of our fans feelings about the club in general.

Thats exactly how I feel these days , I used to love players such as wee pat , joey jones , tambling , speedie etc and I thought our ground (although a dump) was special. Our support especially away was brilliant , easily the best south of manchester and the stewards were made up of fans who volunteered to help out the fans . can't say I actually like let alone love (in footballing terms) many of our current bunch except Joe Cole , Essien and Ricky. Our Stewards do not understand the culture of the football going fan or in many cases English culture and the ground is 3/4 full of replica shirt wearing mongs.... maybe its time people like me got our coats and left.

Thats exactly how I feel these days , I used to love players such as wee pat , joey jones , tambling , speedie etc and I thought our ground (although a dump) was special.

Our support especially away was brilliant , easily the best south of manchester and the stewards were made up of fans who volunteered to help out the fans .

Our away support still is, isn't it?

Why dont you volunteer if not stewarding maybe with some of the charities that CFC supports in and around SB?

can't say I actually like let alone love (in footballing terms) many of our current bunch except Joe Cole , Essien and Ricky.

Did you really love all past players? Surely its always a few of the squad that individuals can relate to?

Our Stewards do not understand the culture of the football going fan or in many cases English culture and the ground is 3/4 full of replica shirt wearing mongs.

Agreed, but aside from the head stewards who may or may not chuck it sometimes, what do you really see in a steward? I see a young immigrant worker doing a job not many English would do for a pitance and a jeering look.

Why dont you try talking or smiling to a steward once in a while or perhaps even a chat, remember you've been at SB a whole lot longer than they have.

.. maybe its time people like me got our coats and left.

Its now more than ever tat people like you can have a positive impact on our new support.

Keep posting, keep singing and perhaps where opportunity allows educate a few newbies at the bridge about what it really means to be a chelsea fan. (I dont mean chelsea bricks and C18).

ChelseaFootballClub (not Roman or Bates or whoever) whether you like it or not has enriched your life for many years (mine too) maybe its time we gave something back?

I understand your fustrations but it'd be a shame to start losing real supporters just because they gave up.