Lucas

John Terry

Pretty sure that's not true, though it did go to quite a low number of loyalty points I believe. People being slow on the uptake for STs around the country would be more of an indicator of the state of the economy, or it's perceived fragility than due to the PL being boring I'd have thought.

Oliver Kay in the Times last week confirmed the Utd situation. The article is also on one of there fan sites. How many members do we have? 100,000+ isn't it?

Perhaps general was the wrong word,but if we're struggling to sell ST's to 100,000+ members thats a problem in my eyes.

Certainly economic considerations come into it, but wouldnt 'loyal' fans still find the money?

As for boring, how can it not be when the same teams are in the top4 year after year? and when for most other teams its all about survival?

The bubble has still some way to go before it bursts, European super league for starters,but when it does I and many others will be long gone.

Rightness or wrongness doesn't come into it. As posted above it is all about supply and demand: there are next to none CB's of JT's ability and leadership qualities, hence he can command a massive wage.

Seemingly there is no shortage of 'fans' who can afford £50 and a limited number of seats at little SB.

There are no shortage of rich new people who take the seats of long term fans as year in year out they get whittled out , thats why we have these year in year out debates about 'whats happend to our support' . As I say after this season I wont be getting a season ticket and the price of that ticket , players wages and the increasing number of JCL's sitting in silence near me are the reasons, the match day experience we all loved is now dead , the new experience of SB I'm sure some people love and ill leave em to it.

There are no shortage of rich new people who take the seats of long term fans as year in year out they get whittled out , thats why we have these year in year out debates about 'whats happend to our support' . As I say after this season I wont be getting a season ticket and the price of that ticket , players wages and the increasing number of JCL's sitting in silence near me are the reasons, the match day experience we all loved is now dead , the new experience of SB I'm sure some people love and ill leave em to it.

Can I ask where your ST is located?

Nicholas   
As I say after this season I wont be getting a season ticket and the price of that ticket , players wages and the increasing number of JCL's sitting in silence near me are the reasons, the match day experience we all loved is now dead , the new experience of SB I'm sure some people love and ill leave em to it.

Comedy, you gotta love it. The issue with ticket prices I can sympathise with; but JCLs??!!! I've heard it all. Put your dummy back in, KEF, 'cause frankly, this is unbecoming of a supporter especially one who willy-waves at every opportunity.

Comedy, you gotta love it. The issue with ticket prices I can sympathise with; but JCLs??!!! I've heard it all.
On what basis can you say that? I do not see it as unreasonable to suggest that JCL's are replacing the old school fans at SB. The latter are still about, but not in the stands.
Put your dummy back in, KEF, 'cause frankly, this is unbecoming of a supporter especially one who willy-waves at every opportunity.

Why should it be 'unbecoming' of a supporter? Personally I have not seen any willy waving from KEF at all.

Comedy, you gotta love it. The issue with ticket prices I can sympathise with; but JCLs??!!! I've heard it all. Put your dummy back in, KEF, 'cause frankly, this is unbecoming of a supporter especially one who willy-waves at every opportunity.

Glad you find the plague of JCL's so amusing. Football has been ruined by them, I use the term 'them' quite deliberately.

I would suggest its the jcl's who do the willy waving mate.

Can I ask where your ST is located?

Gate 14 MHL . had it for 10 years , at first it was full of lads / singing barmies , now half the people around me dont sing at all.

whats 'willy waving' ?

Edited by ken's electric fence

My old man's bigger than your old man...

Got ya , my moaning is always constructive but I've finally come to the opinion that the JCL's / sit downers and replica wearers have won and its time for fellers like me to say goodbye to the bridge , many on here will be happy to see the back of my generation anyway.

WPAULWIN   

I do get on my high horse over this.

Fans, are being priced out of football, no lets rephrase that, match going fans are being priced and forced out of football. More importantly it’s the kids that can’t afford to go or dads that can’t afford to take their kids.

I was taken as a youngster by my dad and uncles, and as I got a little older (early teens) I could go on my own and stand with my friends but, could also wander over to stand with my dad/uncles if I wanted. (check out the link to pathe newsclip on the shed forum of the crowd in 1976 thousands of kids without an adult in sight) . It was quite common for teenagers to go on their own or with mates of a similar age and be the majority of the crowd, and it is this group from the early/ mid 70’s that turned into the bulk our match going fans through the 80’s,90’s and present day.

Whilst I can see the business logic of charging ‘what you can get’ for a ticket, it’s a little short sighted.

Chelsea are ‘fashionable’ today, but when we have a dip in form or perhaps even go back to being ‘shite’ (or it is not so fashionable to go to football) who will form the bulk of our match going support?

With TV money, sponsorships etc, my guess would be that revenue from ticket sales makes up less than 25% of the clubs revenue (when it was probably 90% pre Premier League and Sky) and there must be a way to bring some flexibility in pricing to encourage the next generation of fans.

My other little moan is the timings of games. We have only 4 (out of 14) games at 3:00pm on a Saturday between now and December. Whilst this is great for TV viewers in the UK and overseas, it is absolutely appalling for match going fans – especially for those travelling to away games. (a nice easy journey down to London for a 12.45 ko for Hull and Burnley fans and a nice trip home after a 5.15pm KO for both the Blackburn fans). Also where is the logic that has us away to Sunderland on a Tuesday night when Fulham are home to Blackburn the same day?

My view is that the atmosphere created by a good away following, which encourages the home fans is one of the things that differentiates English football from the ‘normal’ European fare. It is this atmosphere that enables the Premier League to get the fees from TV (both home and abroad). Once we force out the travelling fans and have the resulting reduction in atmosphere, will the club then get the revenue from TV ….. and the resultant high sponsorships fess and be able to pay the wages for the top stars??

Iknow it was off the point ..... but.... rant over