Lucas

John Terry

Ando   
I'm sure women like hockey and badminton games that they can actually play although a few ladies who like other ladies also play soccer I'm told.

Chelsea ladies have a very good team you know. So there nothing wrong with women relating to football.

Even if a woman were as passionate about Chelsea as you are?

yep, football for me is to get away from work, birds and all that and have a lads day out, swear, drink, smoke and do whatever you want without embarrassing yourself in front of a bird or her constantly nagging you

Khobar   

Some lucky lady is going to end up with quite a catch.

Surely time to close the thread?

Karan   

Apologies for re-opening this, but this was the only topic where the following could be posted.

Telegraph: Terry splits with agent Aaron Lincoln

The split follows a summer in which Manchester City had hoped to sign the England defender for £30 million before he pledged his future to Chelsea.

Terry has been the biggest client for Lincoln since the former Chelsea kit-man established his company, Icon Sports Management. Lincoln has worked on all of the 28-year-old's major contracts and high-profile endorsement deals and has enjoyed a close relationship with Terry for several years. The move will come as a severe blow.

Although not a Fifa-registered agent, something he has never purported to be, having others in his organisation who have the qualifications, Lincoln has forged a strong reputation within football. His other clients include Chelsea defender Michael Mancienne plus former Chelsea players Eidur Gudjohnsen and Wayne Bridge, who moved to City in January.

However it is understood that Terry now feels he does not need the services of an adviser or agent to manage his affairs.

Terry has been under scrutiny ever since City made their bid, having indicated that he might be interested in a move, which would have also included a significant pay rise on his current £130,000-a-week contract.

Terry sought reassurances from Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich about the club's ambitions, although he also insisted that he never had any intention of leaving. It is believed that Terry conducted the talks with Abramovich and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon himself.

Terry's contract at Chelsea has three years left to run and there have been informal discussions about an improved deal, although the player has insisted that a new contract is not a priority for him, especially in a season that culminates in a World Cup. His stance appears to confirm his statement that he intends to see out his career at Stamford Bridge.

Interesting set of developments which may put some new light on Citeh's interest. Trying to read between the lines its seems as if Citeh were indeed basing their actions (bid and contract offers) on the word of the agent (through middlemen - Chris Nathaniel).

Osgood 9   

Fair Play to JT.I can see his reasons into why he "Split" with his agent.Possibly due to the agent doing bugger all whilst all this City stuff was in the papers in the summer.

Ando   
yep, football for me is to get away from work, birds and all that and have a lads day out, swear, drink, smoke and do whatever you want without embarrassing yourself in front of a bird or her constantly nagging you

Yeah sure. But if she's a passionate football fan she wouldn't be nagging you and she wouldn't find you embarrassing surely?

Apologies for re-opening this, but this was the only topic where the following could be posted.

Telegraph: Terry splits with agent Aaron Lincoln

Interesting set of developments which may put some new light on Citeh's interest. Trying to read between the lines its seems as if Citeh were indeed basing their actions (bid and contract offers) on the word of the agent (through middlemen - Chris Nathaniel).

And good that. So it was his agent that was causing all the trouble in my opinion.

Bang on the money mate, what it is all about.

How did this thread devolve into a load of misogynistic cobblers?

Eh, I think the Members got at it...