Lucas

John Terry

Wasnt it alleged that Rio has been slipping the press information on the JT story - IF true - he seems to have got what he wanted??

According to the Daily Mail

Chelsea star's meeting with Fabio Capello lasted just 12 minutes

Rio Ferdinand named as new captain, Steven Gerrard vice captain

Vanessa Perroncel says she will NOT be selling her story to the media

The former nightclub hostess 'very sad' that Terry has been sacked

Terry's wife Toni continues to consider her options on holiday in Dubai

I'd retire from internationals if I was him - tell them to poke it.

scanz   

Something I don't quite get is that if your going to take away the captain's arm band, then Capello may as well never call him up to the squad again and/or JT may as well retire from International football. My understanding is that Capello feels JT doesn't/won't have the respect of his players because of these allegations and it will cause problems amongst the squad. However, that's not going to change just because he isn't the captain, it will still cause problems amongst the squad if he's in it. Personally I think Capello has made a mistake and if he gives the Captaincy to Gerrard or Rio then that would just be outrageous.

Juni   

Wasnt it alleged that Rio has been slipping the press information on the JT story - IF true - he seems to have got what he wanted??

Someone (....) alleged that in this thread in a roundabout way, yes.

Rio Ferdinand the next England captain?! Hahaha

You do have to laugh, that's quite incredible. He shouldn't even be in the team, he is well passed it, can't even keep himself fit.

If Rio is captain at the world cup, the vice captain will probably see more of the armband, which is probably a good thing.

Our national team is going to become an even bigger joke, the NOTW would be proud!

Sad news, but not completely unexpected given the circus surrounding anything having to do with the England team.

I have to say I am very dissapointed -- in John and for John. "In John" because, moral considerations completely and totally aside, it was a stupid thing to do that he had to know would blow up if it came out. And he's a 30 year old man with children of his own. It can no longer be called a "youthful indiscretion." "For John" because I think the tabloid sports media's reaction has been completely over the top. This only "had to happen" because of the press. It could have been dealt with quietly in the dressing room in a more dignified manner.

I hope the Chelsea side rallies around him and our club's season is not a casualty of this farce as well. Hopefully, it will only motivate JT and the others to prove a point, but this is surely a huge distraction. The last thing we needed in such a tight title race.

And Rio Ferdinand gets the armband as a paragon of virtue. Don't make me laugh.

Shelly   

I feel a bit sorry for Terry as its another humiliation heaped on top of an already bad week, but really who gives a monkey's..? I don't, its club first, country second as far as I'm concerned..

It would have been better if he'd resigned it, but then Capello gets paid millions to make the decisions.

Hopefully he'll be so riled up on Sunday that he has a storming game..Provided the NOTW hasn't stuck the boot in with yet more revelations..

Ah Well step forward Camel face, your Country needs you...(sniff sniff)

hanuma   

JT seems to think he can **** over anyone and anything that comes his way. About time he took a fall and someone made a example from him. Time to learn from this JT and prove a point.

Technically I differ from you, but fundamentally I agree, JT's a bit of a tool at times with ideas above his station, the last few months have seen him get away with it less.

Hope he gives England the middle finger and retires from International Duty, with Lamps and Ashley following him out the door. Will never happen unfortunately. Capello has been shown up as a bottler. Now I'm fully hoping England crash out the WC in the group stages!

JT doesn't need the armband to be a leader on the field, and that's what he will continue to do. He will play his heart out Sunday, and for England in the upcoming games. In some ways it may help Ferdinand raise his game for England, which is a good thing. I'd have gone with Lampard personally. From what I read Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard didn't want the captaincy if JT left because they felt loyalty to him.

The media have got what they wanted all along now, Ferdinand as captain. He'll be a good captain, but he knows and we all know he's nowhere near the captain the JT was and is. He's the best captain in world football, and that's no understatement. Ferdinand is a diplomat, he will do and say the right things and fits the media idea of what a captain of England should be.

It makes perfect sense after sacking a captain for alleged adultery to appoint a former drugs cheat in his place with a violent offender as his deputy. In even more so it makes perfect sense that after hanging JT out to dry for adultery, that the media prefer a drugs cheat to take his place.

Hold on a minute...