Lucas

John Terry

Zidane   

Who on Earth is Ricardo?

Well unless I've missed something Lamps is now vice captain of England .

What makes you think that?

JT was captain, Gerrard Vice captain.

He gave it to Rio and Gerrard was still Vice captain.

Now Gerrard is captain, what makes you think Frank is Vice captain?

scanz   

What makes you think that?

JT was captain, Gerrard Vice captain.

He gave it to Rio and Gerrard was still Vice captain.

Now Gerrard is captain, what makes you think Frank is Vice captain?

Link is broken, but in reply to CfcPrideofLDN - Frank is very much the Vice Captain...

Lampard, who is now the team's vice-captain

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12016_6192365,00.html

madison   

Who on Earth is Ricardo?

You know , plays centre half , sometimes answers to Ricky ; can have very bad hair days , and JaneB apparently has dark erotic thoughts about him .... can't see it myself .

Has someone been distributing Stupid Pills on this site again ??!!

Zidane   

You know , plays centre half , sometimes answers to Ricky ; can have very bad hair days , and JaneB apparently has dark erotic thoughts about him .... can't see it myself .

Has someone been distributing Stupid Pills on this site again ??!!

Err...

It is my sad and solem duty to inform you Ricardo wont ever be playing for Spain and probably not Chelsea next season.

Apparently, there is a Ricardo who plays for both Chelsea and Spain - as well as our Portuguese centre-half.

madison   

Err...

Apparently, there is a Ricardo who plays for both Chelsea and Spain - as well as our Portuguese centre-half.

Really ! I'm intrigued . What would be this fellows full name ?

Brilliant, insightful, thoughtful discussion going on here between Madison and Zidane =/

I really doubt that second and 3rd choice captains meant anything. More about sharing the duties around the clubs.

Well obviously it had a major impact so not sure what you're trying to say at all. Implying that Lamps said no to the armband when JT was sacked? That is 100% fantasy from you. When JT was captain Rio and Gerrard were vice captains with the order of JT, Rio, Gerrard. This was common knowledge, everyone but you perhaps should have known this. When JT was sacked everyone assumed Rio would be the new captain with Gerrard as vice as that was the natural order before JT was sacked. Indeed, Capello confirmed this by stating he had already chosen a 2nd and 3rd choice captains when appointing JT and saw no reason to change those choices now.

The only thing he had not publicly decided was who'd be the vice captain should anything happen to either Rio or Gerrard. Now it has emerged that Lampard was 4th choice captain apparently.

So clearly 2nd, 3rd and 4th choice captains means something as shown above.