Lucas

John Terry

Holymoly   

Bravo Oliver Holt!

Daily Mirror

He'll probably end up face down in a drainage ditch beneath the Cape Town bypass but at least he's stuck up for Terry.

Sciatika   

'I'm amazed Chelsea let him go'. I heard what I heard!

I am now really confused. Are there two entirely different versions of this interview? I have listened again to what is described as "World Cup 2010: John Terry news conference in full" downloaded from here. This is the transcription:

Q: Can Joe Cole transform England's fortunes, do you think?

A: I think so, we have seen with Chelsea, you know, he was a great boost coming back from his injury. And, probably, at the right time for Chelsea comes back in the side - got a great goal away from home aganst Man United, which proved to be vital. But, Joe is one of them players that whether he starts, you know, on the training field gives everything and always makes himself available. And I personally think him, probably him and Wayne, are the only two in the side that can really open up things and the key to breaking down defences so, if he is called upon, Joe will do a great job.

A: It's been over 50 years....

There are no discernible cuts in the video. Am I missing something?

Edited by Sciatika

Karan   

Bravo Oliver Holt!

Daily Mirror

He'll probably end up face down in a drainage ditch beneath the Cape Town bypass but at least he's stuck up for Terry.

He's actually one of the few, perhaps the only one, who actually criticised Capello's decision to strip Terry of the England captaincy. So he's been consistent in that respect.

Interesting that Capello stated yesterday that there was no chance of dropping Terry, because he was one of the 'most important' players. If he made that big a mistake in speaking out, in trying to challenge and undermine Capello, in upsetting his teammates, then perhaps he should drop him - and as the press love to quote 'show JT who the real Boss' is. Instead he now expects a big performance from a man who he's made a virtual scapegoat for his own possible failings.

madison   

'I'm amazed Chelsea let him go'. I heard what I heard!

well this is very weired as I heared nothing like that. And stranger still that JT should say that when Joe has not gone anywhere YET. Technically he could still be at Chelsea next season if he had a change of heart. Someone help on this one please!!

Capello has been known throughout his career for his ability to move on, and to never hold a grudge. This is why I think tonight Terry will provide one of his best performances for England, and therefore we will qualify to the knockouts.

Bravo Oliver Holt!

Daily Mirror

Oliver Holt is top, top writer. He criticises us on occasions but is always fair and never resorts to the character assasinations the other red top hacks do. From what I've heard, he is also a close friend of JT as well.

genjuro   

OMFG.....please my fellow fans spare this caunt a minute or two and read his crap. Look how much he hates Chelsea and Terry....I have always hated this scott, so idiotic and blind. He is so butt hurt we won the double. Just look how much he wrote....man what a loser. Useless mug....waste of air.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/a-big-thanks-to-john-Terry-again/

jangz   

OMFG.....please my fellow fans spare this caunt a minute or two and read his crap. Look how much he hates Chelsea and Terry....I have always hated this scott, so idiotic and blind. He is so butt hurt we won the double. Just look how much he wrote....man what a loser. Useless mug....waste of air.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/a-big-thanks-to-john-Terry-again/

hahaha..

a)why would you actually make the effort to go to their site ....

b) why would you even read that ****..

I mean I would have been surprised if he hadn't written what he did.. I mean it's the captain of their greatest modern day rival he is having a dig at... this is how he earns his half a slice of bread

Sciatika   

Oliver Holt is top, top writer. He criticises us on occasions but is always fair and never resorts to the character assasinations the other red top hacks do. From what I've heard, he is also a close friend of JT as well.

Even Barry Glendenning (spit), of the Guardian, admits that this story may be true. How can a member of the FA hierarchy be allowed to undermine our players?

Karan   

Even Barry Glendenning (spit), of the Guardian, admits that this story may be true. How can a member of the FA hierarchy be allowed to undermine our players?

He starts of with 'While it may be true ....' and then proceeds back to form with his usual pandering to the Guardian's JT-agenda.

Nothing new I'm afraid. A classic case of someone who believes he's got an opinion that matters. Something that he usually accuses Terry of. The irony.