Lucas

John Terry

JaneB   

I like how your mind works. This thought amused me no end. Bless the bigoted fool.

LOL! And to think I once wrote a nice letter to him when he did a very appreciative piece on Franco many moons ago. Even he couldn't find a negative thing to say about the great man. Shame on me though!

JaneB   

Great point about Redknapp, whose sentence is likely to be custodial if proven guilty. Also, where were all these moral high ground people calling for Staint Steven Gerrard to be booted out the team pending his trial for assualt???

I have said it before and I will say it again, JT will likely be the fool once its all over by giving these hacks 'exclusive' interviews about the whole saga. Take a leaf out for Ashley Cole's book please JT and stay away from the press who will no doubt lynch you when you do something remotely against the rules.

I was going to mention Gerrard's case as well but couldn't be bothered! He that can do no wrong.......even when he does.

I can't believe that Jose Mourinho, Marcel Desailly and Carlo Ancelotti would be willing to act as character witnesses for JT if they thought he was a racist, not to mention all his black team mates playing under him. But maybe I'm just naive.

My only concern at the moment is that John Terry is treated as innocent until proven guilty and that the so called case against him is being brought for the right reasons and the first of those is definitely not happening and I have serious doubts about the other.

Seems all the black players are being quoting he should lose the captaincy, seems they believe he is guilty until proven innocent

Doubt it. More likely he will be required to repay the tax plus a punitive fine and ordered to pay costs. I doubt he would get a custodial sentence because that would serve no real purpose (he is not actually a danger to society). In the longer term, he will probably be most damaged by not being a shoein for the England job as that must be worth at least six or seven million a year which would probably outstrip all the fines and then some.

I'm afraid your optimism is misplaced. Remember Lester Piggott and Ken 'Diddy' Dodd. Hardly a danger to society but they fiddled the tax man and were banged up. Custodial sentences are regularly given out for tax evasion to send out a message to the millions of us plebs that we must pay up or else.

mrturk09   

Chelsea must stick together to take a stand against the de-humanisation, discrimination and total mistreatment of our fans, our players and our captain. We are sick of our players and club being targeted by the media. We must take a stand against 'hearsay' racism claims which have rocked English football, and is sure to effect our national team in competitions to come. False claims of racism is as bad as racism. Since when have I been able to take someone to court and asked for evidence have said “My mate told me”? The only example the FA and the media are setting with their actions is that which portrays a law system where the accused is automatically guilty, and that claiming things such as “racism” is ever too easy. We demand Anton Ferdinand to be present at the trail, to give evidence, and if the only claim he can make is 'hearsay', then he should be found guilty for wasting police time and for damages to Chelsea Football Club, The English National team, The FA and John Terry. We expect an apology as Chelsea fans. We also expect apologies from the MP's and the 'journalists' who have forgot one of the fundamental laws of this country - innocent until proven guilt. We want this IMMEDIATELY. Otherwise we shall stand together as one in protest. We must protest before, during and after games. We must show the English media and the FA that what they’re doing IS NOT ok. We need to ‘kick out’ the discrimination of Chelsea. We are also a colour, BLUE. We have been offended beyond limit from the chants towards our players families tragically dying (R.I.P. Pat Lampard) to homophobically abused. What about nicknames such as “Chelsea" - which surely in itself is racist. Chelsea Football Club is a family. Our fans deserve better treatment than they get. Pass this on as a Chelsea fan. Make our voices heard.

He'll write what suits his, and his employers' agenda at any given time. Like all hacks he's perfectly capable of poorly written, selective journalism.

http://www.dailymail...elsea-fans.html

I can assure you his employers agenda at the moment is not to be nice to Terry, unless they are gonna break the habit of a lifetime.

As your article shows, Samuels is not a Chelsea arse licker but neither is he spiteful and vindictive. Its about all we can ask of a journo, and the fact that he is not our arse licker makes his piece today carry more weight.

http://www.teamtalk.com/chelsea/7475535/England-D-Day-dawns-for-Terry?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

On Thursday, Football Association chairman David Bernstein contacted all the other members of the 12-strong board to seek their views on Terry's captaincy after Wednesday's announcement that the Chelsea defender's court case, where he is accused of racially abusing QPR's Anton Ferdinand will not take place until July 9 - after Euro 2012.

More than one board member have argued strongly that Terry should not be the England figurehead with such a serious charge hanging over him, and that the FA should act immediately rather than putting off a decision until the next board meeting on February 23.

I'm afraid your optimism is misplaced. Remember Lester Piggott and Ken 'Diddy' Dodd. Hardly a danger to society but they fiddled the tax man and were banged up. Custodial sentences are regularly given out for tax evasion to send out a message to the millions of us plebs that we must pay up or else.

Possible of course but he wont get banged up. I have to admit to having a soft spot for SFLs uncle. Rather hoping he would get the England job. Problem is he's either a crook or (as he would have us believe) an illiterate who even write out a team sheet. Anyone for Jose??!!

For what it's worth, I've dealt with Jason Roberts personally twice now. Really nice bloke. Don't really agree with his comments regarding this issue, but I got the distinct impression that he's not one with a self-serving agenda.

A dignified silence on a matter he knows nothing about (the case or the England set-up) would be more becoming of a really nice bloke.

I don't recall JT sticking his nose in when Roberts was accused of hitting a supporter a few years ago.

I must say I had assumed it would have gone to the crown court given the nature of the alleged offence. Sorry! Still, he'll want to clear his name through the correct legal avenue.

Redknapp was given the opportunity to pay his tax and have an offered an amnesty. He paid tax on accounts/payments he though the police had without realising that they had more on him that he still didn't declare - hence this trial. If he is found guilty I expect him to go down and there are precedents on this as others have mentioned.

Our justice system sometimes lets thieves and attackers off prision but I'm not aware of many instances where tax cheats or those involved in financial crime are spared.

Also, on Mutu, you are correct that he was in breach of contract but I am sure that somewhere in JT's there will be a mention of bringing the club into disrepute, which it cannot be doubted a guilty verdict would do, especially to a club hell bent on creating a 'brand'.

What I would love to see JT do is, if he is proven innoncent, go and donate that £2,500.00 to Jason Robert's Kick it out campaign to show his support to the cause. It would leave Roberts and the hacks not knowing what to do or say!