Lucas

John Terry

You should read some of Joey Bartons tweets, Jesus Christ he will get in trouble. Hopefully someone reports him to the police for contempt of court.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Any juror worth there salt, on the evidence I seen has to find him guilty. TV evidence is damning for JT, in my opinion.

13 minutes ago

Should of thrown his hands up and admitted his grave error. Excepted his deserved disciplinary action and let everyone move on.

18 minutes ago

Think Terry's only got himself to blame. He said what he said. Then concocted a bad story.can't understand what his defence will be in court?

20 minutes ago

Once the issue went out of the FA's control, it was always going to get messy. They should have dealt with it instantly. Now its a farce..

26 minutes ago

to be the subject of speculation and the possibility of going to court to give evidence. If u **** up, take your punishment like a man.

28 minutes ago

a f*cking man and took his punishment for what he said. This is now helping nobody. The one I feel for is Anton, he's done nowt wrong and has

Barton can eff off, no-one is interested in that no-mark of a player's opinions. And the press can stick their national team where the sun doesn't shine. England have'nt won sod all since 1966, and were bloody lucky rather than good in Italia 90 and Euro 96. The press already have a scapegoat for the national team's inevitable failure at the Euros. And when England do fail, please jam 5live and Talksport's switchboards and taunt all their presenters by saying "you got what you deserved"!

Paul Parker's take on this whole case. More nonsense comments from him.

http://uk.eurosport....-175417221.html

Yesterday they celebrated Groundhog Day in the US, a term which has come to mean living the same day over and over again. It certainly feels as though we are going through the same motions today following the news that John Terry has again been stripped of the England captaincy.

It's almost two years to the day since he first had the armband taken off him following claims of misbehaviour off the pitch. Now it is the repercussions of something that he is alleged to have done on the field - something which he denies - which has led to him losing it again.

I realise that the FA felt they had to act once it became clear that the issue would not be settled until after this summer's European Championships, but they left themselves susceptible to something like this happening by reinstating him as captain in the first place.

The nature of the England captaincy means that it is often more important to the supporters and the country at large than it is in the dressing room. FA chairman David Bernstein admitted as much in his statement confirming the news, referring to "the higher-profile nature... on and off the pitch".

It is something of a half-measure taken by the governing body taking away the armband, but not Terry's right to play for England. If they are so concerned with how the wider world will react to a man who is facing trial over allegations of racism, should they not be worried about how his colleagues at international level will feel?

I think that we will soon learn a lot about just how manager Fabio Capello runs things within the England squad. Will he address his players - either individually or as a group - to canvass opinion about playing with Terry? After all, when Chelsea played QPR a week ago, feelings were so strong among Anton Ferdinand's team-mates that the pre-match handshakes between the teams were dispensed with on the say-so of the FA.

Who is to say that some England players have not spoken to their team-mates at club level and want to respect any feelings they may have?

I thought it was ludicrous to have reinstated Terry as captain as it was, but now to see him stripped of that honour twice is embarrassing for the England team. Once again, they have been made a laughing stock.

At least the first time it happened it was Capello who took the decision to demote and then reinstate Terry as his captain. This time, the FA have gone over his head and done it for him. That in itself has undermined the Italian and does further damage to his supposed reputation as a disciplinarian.

Capello was hired by the FA as an antidote to the chumminess of Steve McClaren. He was brought in to instil some authority back into the England squad, who would be forced to either do things his way or not at all.

I'm sure that the late Sir Bobby Robson would have handled this kind of affair with so much more dignity. When the first situation came to pass before the last World Cup, he would have dealt with it properly. He would have told the FA the best way to handle it, and would surely have never given the armband back.

Regardless of whether Terry cleaned the streets, worked in a soup kitchen or whatever to atone for his behaviour, Sir Bobby would have made it known that his respect had been regained - but would still have made the punishment stick.

I was never a fan of Terry being England captain in the first place. I always thought Steven Gerrard was the right man to take over once David Beckham retired from the role.

I feel that is backed up by the way the Liverpool midfielder played at the last World Cup. He was England's best performer in South Africa, although admittedly he did not head a particularly strong field.

It will be interesting to see who is appointed to the role now. Given the way such issues have been handled in recent times, we could be in for another farcical chapter to this story….

Edited by BluesMata8

GJH   

I'd like to say the decision surprised me but unfortunately with the testicle lacking cretins that live in the world of the F.A. it sadly doesn't. I truly hope JT retires from international football, it may even give him an extra season for us in the long run. I think I'll change my nationality to Spanish.

I'm surprised by the timing more than the decision itself. No matter, I'm already supporting the Croatians but Germany battering England would be extra special.

Edited by Salv

I'm assuming that's not a real quote... would love it if it was!

Took that quote from Twitter as someone posted it. But just watched through Wenger's PC(can't believe I did that) and it appears that he didn't say that. Oh well. Sorry.

CFC1966   

Retire from International football, screw the FA, screw England, screw England fans - if there are any grounds to take the FA to task about potential prejudice of the pending hearing then milk it...that is all...

Sad day for the club. Whatever chances England has of doing well in the Europeans is fading fast.

JaneB   

Incandescent doesn't even come near describing my feelings over this debacle.

I don't know what's worse, JT being stripped of the England Captaincy or every mediocre irrelevant nonentity who's ever played professional football giving us the benefit of their opinion. They're like vultures hovering over a dead lion.

What a pity Fabio Capello hasn't got the b*lls to tell the FA that he picks the England Captain and if they don't like it they can make him resign.