Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Abdel Munem Amin

Olivier Dacourt

As most of you heard, Dacourt brought Robben down in a malicious tackle that wasn't even close to attempting to get the ball.

What transpired soon after is angered me so much. Kezman, who was absolutely angry at what Dacourt just did and went charging him down. When I saw the replays, I thought that Kezman was only going to give Dacourt a good mouthing as his hands were down but Dacourt reacted terribly to that and threw in a defensive punch and soon Kezman was caught in a brawl.

I don't think Kezman even threw a single punch, he was just trying to get himself loose.

Whats more annoying is the fact that Robben may be injured due to that tackle. Do you think Dacourt will be issuing an apology anytime soon....I'm not holding my breath.

In hindsight, he probably should not have done that at all but from a passionate fans perspective you have to admire his protect my team mates philosophy. I dont think Kezman had any intentions of hurting Dacourt, but Dacourt was clearly frustrated with the scoreline.

I hope this does not effect Kezman negatively whether his game suffers a while or that he gets suspended or that JM will not playing him as a punishment. I thought the guy didn't do much wrong to tell you the truth.

I'm not watching the game until this afternoon, but from what I've read I'm proud of the guy. There is an appearance of an excellent team spirit which is astounding after such a short time together.

pds   

I didn't think Kez did too much wrong, certainly nothing I wouldn't do if I saw somebody in a Chelsea shirt getting hacked down from the back by a swinging swiping kick.

Personally I don't think I could have kept my hands down, don't get me wrong I'm not condemning violent and thugish behaviour, we have a huge juvenile base and should care about what examples we give them and how to moraly represent CFC. JM is a real believer in how professionally you carry yourself, but nothing wrong in showing passion and caring about your team mates and showing spirit and togetherness, JM is also a great believer of that, and I don't think Kez was going to do much more than that.

He might have told Dacourt what a useless fool he is, and given him a piece of his mind about football tackling ethics, but no more than that, and if anyone saw the match. How pathetic did Dacourt look when he tried to give a puzzled look to the ref about his red card?

In a way I hope the ref does report the incident and someone with balls in the governing body see's how Dacourt handled himself and ban him for ten matches and a heavy fine, that will concentrate the mind a bit.

It's not like you can even say that it was a bad tackle because it wasn't even a tackle, it was just a pure swipe kick at anything he could make contact with, simply because Robben had gone and left him behind.

And fine the club that tolerates that behaviour too, and finally they will also see that with Kezman the only thing he is guilty of, is running across over to Dacourt.

BlueClue   

I think it wasn't so much the scoreline the Roma players were frustrated with, as much as Chelsea were almost literally running rings around them! They hardly got to touch the ball, where as whenever Chelsea got the ball they looked threatening. Of course, that doesn't excuse that nasty and potentially dangerous hack of Dacourt's, who I hope is punished accordingly.

Kezman was defending his ex-and-present team mate, which from our perspective is somewhat satisfying, I think any punishment he receives will be from outside of Chelsea's (and JM's) control.

Abdel, you saw the incident well. Kezman clearly wanted to "react" to the slaying but I also don't think he had physical contact in mind. The way he rushed so quickly right after the offense probably gave Dacourt the scare of his life! Hope the replay will justify a decision not to punish. Would hate to lose Kezman for any games.

I think we should all be proud of Kezman. Gradually we are building a solid team not just in terms of football harmony, but lads really stading up for each other both on and off the pitch.

The Arse have always had it, and now we are almost there after the team have been together for less than a month, I can't wait to see what will happen in a few month's time.

I don't think JM will punish him either, he will probably have a word with him on how the players in the EPL can wind him up and all that but deep down, JM admires players who play for the team, that's why he bought strikers like Drogba, and Kezman.

And all that nonsense about him missing the start of the season can't be true, can it?

One of the pictures from that Foxsports site shows dacourt's studs up against Kezman's thighknee while they were disentangling themselves... B^<

Harvz   

Your damn right Arsenal have always had it! Remember Old Traford last season? Now how many of those players got a 3 match ban?

Unfortunately the FA can get away with giving a 1 match ban now, and it'll seem lenient.

dank   

Wow, I was watching the game last nite and I am infuriated by the Roma players. I know have a new hated team. All game they were either diving, Totti lost my respect, and Dacourt never had it. All they did was hack away at our players, Dacourt's challenge is case in point.

It also seemed that the ref was utter garbage as he kept giving out cards to Chelsea players for no reason, when Kezman (first card) and Makelele did nothing.

Kezman did charge a man, not with his hands fully down, so I could see the card as being justified, but I did like to see his quick and rightful instincts of protection. Hopefully that incident brings the players together. Nothing like a nice fight to bring a teams' blood boiling together.. :)

I just hope that other teams don't continue to get frustrated like Roma was last night, and continue swiping away at our players for no reason.