Some things of note that have been festering over the weekend
1. Us and Norwich are the only two teams to have zero points from losing positions in the league this season. When we concede first we lose. Points to a lack of charcater from the players and or poor in game management from Lampard.
2. Our reluctance to make any sort of tackle is really holding us back. As I pointed out in another thread, our recent 3 defeats have yielded zero yellow cards and against West Ham, quite incredibly, zero fouls.
3. We keep chopping and changing the defence, as obviously we dont know what the best 4 is....... I think I would rather we stuck to a 4 and gave them a run of games and see what happens. The constant change of personnel isn't working.
4. Zouma is too clumsy and AC is too weak for either to be first choice at a club which has our ambitions. AC has really regressed since playing in a 3 under Conte.
5. We have tried 3 different left backs in the last month. Again, I think I would rather we backed one and gave them a run. Personally I think it has to be Emerson.
6. With Pedro out of favour, and CHO not adding anything, our lack of options in attack is hurting us in terms of being able to change a game (see point 1). The drop down from Tammy to the next CF is also too big.
7. When we win a corner, we may as well save time and just give them the ball back. It was the same last year, none of our defenders are a threat. Long gone are the days when JT, Ivanovic or even Cahill would bail us out of a poor performance by coming up with an important headed goal. We had 5 corners on Saturday, and at least 3 were the perfect trajectory, far enough away from the GK, over the first man and head high in between the posts........we didn't get near any of them.
8. Why are so sh*t at this time of year, every year?
9. January could be interesting.... Centre back has to be a priority, then forwards, hopefully 2 of them.