• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sleeping Dave

Jermaine Jenas

Now that the Essien deal seems pretty much off (you gotta love that dude Aulas, what a w@nker) should we simply say we are happy with the squad or should we try to find a replacement for Essien?

In my eyes Jermaine Jenas would be perfect. He's young, skilfull, great passer of the ball and he's English (to add to our already impressive English contingent). Plus, at £15M he's affordable and I think we might be able to get him for less than that as well. Tottenham are rumoured to be preparing a £12M bid to lure him to WHL, surely we can't just stand by and watch them grab one of the best young English players???

If Tottenham would get Jenas they have a very interesting team for this coming season. Surely Europe would need to be a certainty no?

Any thoughts?

ChAoS   

no way! we simply say we are happy with the squad and I wont pay £6m for him let alone £12 - 15m. Cheers!

Steveo   

I think jenas is overated but his still a good player though I wouldn't see the point beacause if he came he proberly still be behind frank Makelele tiago eidur and j.Cole,we need to buy someone thats just going to fit straight into our 3rd midfeild slot.

Without meaning to offend you mate, are you sure you're talking about Jermaine Jenas?! The guy is useless in my opinion- worse than what we have in Tiago, Gudjohnsen, Cole or literally anyone else that could fill the 3rd midfield slot. "He's young, skilful, great passer of the ball..." The only thing you got right there is that he's young. He isn't a team player and his work ethic is poor. Let Tottenham waste £12m on this over-rated player- we are not going to miss out on "one of the best young English players!" At the end of the day, Scott Parker was better than Jenas and he wasn't good enough for us. That says it all, we are Chelsea, we have high standards. Jenas is nowhere near good enough. I thought Arsenal were the ones interested in him, until they were quoted between £15m-£20m.

Harvz   

Please no. I hope the arse buy him, spend half the season playing him before they find out he's crap, and then play Fabregas instead.

TeRiYaKi   
quote:Originally posted by Brian P

Wenger is interested in Jenas. I suggest Arsene sign him.

id="quote">

id="quote">

But Jenas is English lol