• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sleeping Dave

Squad 2005/06

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?hlid=...sub=latest+news

José talks about the squad after Tiago left and apparently we have the exact same squad size as last year, only more balanced this time around with more wingers and less midfielders, 21+3 goalkeepers.

I feel alot calmer now when I know that José indeed is thinking about using Joey Cole in central midfield and it seems he has plenty of trust for Diarra.

Interesting to note is that we have 8 English players and 1 irish in the 24 men strong squad. 4 players are youth products.

Full squad (21+3):

GK (3): Cech, Cudicini, Pidgeley

DF (9): Terry, Gallas, Huth, Rico, Del Horno, Bridge, Ferreira, Johnson, Geremi

MF (5): Lampard, Makelele, Essien, Eidur, Diarra

WP (4): Robben, Duff, SWP, J. Cole

ST (3): Drogba, Crespo, C. Cole

Kristina   

That's a marvellous "mixture", David. I have every trust in José Mourinho.

Ove   

If I'm to be picky, I'd have preferred to have another central midfielder in our squad, since Essien and Geremi are going to the Nations cup in Jan/Feb. A Frank Arnesen signing, a young talent, in at Christmas is my speculative guess.

basole   
quote:Originally posted by David80

José talks about the squad after Tiago left and apparently we have the exact same squad size as last year, only more balanced this time around with more wingers and less midfielders, 21+3 goalkeepers.

I feel alot calmer now when I know that José indeed is thinking about using Joey Cole in central midfield and it seems he has plenty of trust for Diarra.

Interesting to note is that we have 8 English players and 1 irish in the 24 men strong squad. 4 players are youth products.

Full squad (21+3):

id="quote">

id="quote">

Sell Glen Johnson and get back Tiago. That would be more balanced and that squad would beat the current one to the premiership.

And players can move around if required.

Jonno is our 4th keeper!

Billy can play accross the back 4.

JC can play as the third midfielder. Ricky and Geremi can play as defensive midfielders. Bridge too can move up the park if he has to.

Guddy, Robben and SWP can play, if required, as strikers.

It's a good and versatile mix.

quote:Originally posted by basole

Full squad (21+3):

id="quote">

id="quote">

Sell Glen Johnson and get back Tiago. That would be more balanced and that squad would beat the current one to the premiership.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Ha Ha no chance! Glen Johnson played well last night and can play at RB or RM for Chelsea.

Won't Didier be going to the African Nations cup as well?

quote:Originally posted by Ove

If I'm to be picky, I'd have preferred to have another central midfielder in our squad, since Essien and Geremi are going to the Nations cup in Jan/Feb. A Frank Arnesen signing, a young talent, in at Christmas is my speculative guess.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Steveo   

Full squad (21+3):

id="quote">

id="quote">

I would count Geremi as a midfielder not defender

quote:Originally posted by Claude4

Won't Didier be going to the African Nations cup as well?

quote:Originally posted by Ove

id="quote">

id="quote">

id="quote">

id="quote">

Yes he is. Which is why we need to hang on to Carlton Cole.