• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Fryer

Cr Or Jm?

Obviously very few of us want to see CR sacked. He has done a great job, improved us massively, carried himself with great dignity, etc.. He does not deserve to get the sack.

However, I'm also really excited about the prospect of getting Mourinho in charge of our club. In all likelihood he will be our next manager, but if the choice was yours what would you do?

I love Claudio as much as anyone, but I'm considering having an affair with this new guy!! I've done nothing but think about this for the last 2 weeks!

Conclusion, I'd stick with CR, he's already proven that he can do the job at us. I know he hasn't won anything with us yet, but I only ever ask for improvement every year, we certainly had that this season, and the season before. We're on the verge of doing something special; he should only be sacked when we start to stagnate.

However, if we get Mourinho I won't be devastated, because I think he can, and most probably will do a great job for us.

Clear as mud, anyone any clearer in their minds?

It is a tough decision Mark. Ranieri is a great man; he's been dignified and has shown amazing character throughout all of the speculation and also through all of last season. Some people may not have been so respectful under such great pressure, not only to the club, but also to the 'sharks' as Ranieri calls them in the media.

If Ranieri remained at the club for one more season and didn't win anything I think the pressure would be so enormous on him that he'd go anyhow. We certainly wouldn't like to see him sacked half way through the season or for the fans that respect him now to maybe turn on him. We are in a difficult situation, is it stick to the devil you know, or go for the man who may have the Midas touch. If I were the owner of the club then Mourinho would be my target.

richard   

Unfortunately Mark, coming second in the Premiership and reaching the semi final of the CL isn't deemed sufficiently successful in the eyes of the boss. But after all is said and done, he owns the club and pays the wages (harvested of course from hard working CFC fans).

If it were I, I would keep CR. The reason I say that is because he has done magnificently for the club and the players, both foreign and English. I also feel he could have taken us to a premier championship and the CL. We came very close to it didn't we? I know I've banged on about this before on the forum, but it was a great Arsenal side that stood in the way this year. Unbeaten all season. Sickening, but great. We put up a decent challenge though.

However, I have accepted the fact that Mori is almost through the door and he does have the ability to bond a team together and get results. As ever, I'll get behind the Blues.

I personally cannot see CR staying at the bridge doing some other job. He's got a lot left in him yet as a coach and I'd love to see him stay in the Premiership.

I don't share the views a lot of people do here. Claudio Ranieri is a great man, very funny and obviously gives his all to make the club better.

But to be quite frank, I don't think he is the man who is going to take us any further forward. I don't think he quite can see what he's trying to build with the disorganisation of the squad and I think that we will not settle ever under him. Jose Mourinho is VERY organised and will make the tough to make decision very quickly.

Also, Ranieri has been with us for 4 years and we've won no trophies, yes coming second and getting to the semi finals of the champions league did exceed my expectations. But I think if we keep Claudio we will not get any further than that next season.

I would love it if Claudio would stay as director of football, but it's unlikely.

I look forward to a new era under Jose Mourinho.

I too would love to see CR stay if Mourinho comes in, but I don't really think it would be practical.

Firstly, it would seriously undermine CR. PK and RA would be saying, thanks for everything you've done, but we don't feel you've got what it takes, here's a nice office and do a job that no-one really understands.

Secondly, it would undermine Mourinho. I doubt any new manager would want to come and be manager where the ex is upstairs. And considering that CR is so popular with the fans, it could make life for Mourinho very tough.

Thirdly, it would be confusing for the players. How could they listen to anything CR said after he had been relieved of his manager’s job? Maybe the temptation would be to go him if they weren't happy with JM.

You can only have one man in charge, and there really can never be any question as to who that it. Throw PK and RM into the equation and it all gets a bit silly.

If CR is not going to be our manager he has to leave. JM then has to be given complete control over all team affairs, I.e. who comes, who goes, who plays, who doesn't. PK can do wages and so on, RM can keep the funds coming.