• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Mason

Forecast The Result Standings As At 01/09/05

Plenty of participation by member however quite a few have been way off the mark, hope you start hitting the right scores soon. Here is the list:-

LCASP - 6 Points

Arjen Robben - 3 Points

Ben25 - 3 Points

Bluedawg - 3 Points

Bluenut - 3 Points

Boogle - 3 Points

Brian P - 3 Points

Chaki - 3 Points

Daveff89 - 3 Points

Dgalaty - 3 Points

DiMatteo 43 - 3 Points

Estache - 3 Points

Gary Stone - 3 Points

Kearts - 3 Points

Menno - 3 Points

Skotkan - 3 Points

Steveo - 3 Points

T.T - 3 Points

Tony Burke - 3 Points

Thanks for doing that dave, am I on 43.3 points then ? Still a few notable by their absence ... Basole, Hernan, c'mon guys ! where are you ! ;-)

quote:Originally posted by Daveff89

What is the point system?

id="quote">

id="quote">

3 Points for a correct score. No other points awarded for being near !!

quote:Originally posted by DiMatteo.43

Thanks for doing that dave, am I on 43.3 points then ? Still a few notable by their absence ... Basole, Hernan, c'mon guys ! where are you ! ;-)

id="quote">

id="quote">

Your current score is 3 points, although I do appreciate the attempt to gain an extra 43 points.

Have to agree with you that there are some noticeable absentees from the list. When you consider that on average there has been around 30 - 35 taking part for each match, I'm amazed how few have been getting the right results.

JSLO22   

First off, for what game did this officially start? Earlier it seemed that this was officially starting with the Community Shield, as you said "Following on from the trial, we are now going to run this throughout the season, starting with the Community Shield." (but maybe you decided later on just to start with the Wigan game, at least for the point table?)

Secondly, if it did in fact begin with the Community Shield, I believe that I got that one correct (as did numerous others prolly due to 2-1 being such an obvious score). If the Shield game does count, I think there are a lot more people with 3 pts and a few of the people already listed may have 3 more pts as well.

Third off, I searched trying to find the thread to prove that I got the Community Shield result correct, but for some reason, I can't seem to find it (or many other of the Forecast the Result threads). Does anyone have any clue what happened to them?

quote:Originally posted by JSLO22

First off, for what game did this officially start? Earlier it seemed that this was officially starting with the Community Shield, as you said "Following on from the trial, we are now going to run this throughout the season, starting with the Community Shield." (but maybe you decided later on just to start with the Wigan game, at least for the point table?)

Secondly, if it did in fact begin with the Community Shield, I believe that I got that one correct (as did numerous others prolly due to 2-1 being such an obvious score). If the Shield game does count, I think there are a lot more people with 3 pts and a few of the people already listed may have 3 more pts as well.

Third off, I searched trying to find the thread to prove that I got the Community Shield result correct, but for some reason, I can't seem to find it (or many other of the Forecast the Result threads). Does anyone have any clue what happened to them?

id="quote">

id="quote">

You are correct that my original plan was to commence with the Community Shield, however when it was pointed out that the offical start of the season was the Wigan game I subsequently commenced the points system from that date. I apologise for not posting this info before.

In order that there is no confusion about which matches are included, they are as follows:

All Premiership Matches

All Carling Cup Matches

All FA Cup Matches

All Champions League Matches

JSLO22   

Okay, thanks for clearing that up, Dave. And thanks for setting up this competition.