• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sleeping Dave

I Love Josã‰

You gotta love our manager.

"Reaction: Mourinho defiant in one-goal victory

José Mourinho shrugged off criticism of his team’s single goal victory and stated that he was satisfied with his team’s performance.

He said: “In the first-half, we played very well, very good football. Anderlecht could not go over the midfield line. They didn’t have one single shot.

“Second-half, we were waiting for them to come at us. You wait and wait and wait and they just don’t do it. You have to be realistic. In the last 10 minutes, they had a go at us, put pressure on us but we feel very comfortable when we have to defend in our third,†Mourinho explained.

Responding to suggestions that the team should have scored more goals to make the result more comfortable, the Chelsea manager answered:

“Why? If I know Belgian teams. If I know they have speed and want us to go, for them to go behind us, why should we do it? To please you? No  to please me, three points. Supporters are happy, three points, they prefer 1-0 to 1-1.

“Look at our possession: 64 per cent. The players did what I wanted. I am happy. Result justified,†he added emphatically.

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?hlid=...sub=latest+news

"Boring, Boring Chelsea" is all these so-called "football journalists" have to write about where we are concerned because we seem to be winning without even trying and doing it with implacable consistency.

Kristina   

It's funny that you automatically 'hear' José Mourinho's accent whenever you read through one of his interviews or statements. I can picture him in my mind, sitting at the press conference and talking to the journalists in his unmistakable manner.

The incessant and nerve-racking babbling about 'boring Chelsea' BORES ME TO DEATH. I don't want to refer to it again.

"To please you? No  to please me, three points..."

Classic.

jakeyboy   

Spot on Kristina I always find Joses accent comes through when reading his quotes. I guess the press are doing the usual routine. They seem to forget that the gooners tried the gung-ho stuff and would invariably get caught out. Or maybe they want us to play more like Real Madrid and lose 3-0?!

quote:Originally posted by Kristina

It's funny that you automatically 'hear' José Mourinho's accent whenever you read through one of his interviews or statements. I can picture him in my mind, sitting at the press conference and talking to the journalists in his unmistakable manner.

id="quote">

id="quote"> I completely agree with that, I think with English not as his first language he sometimes has a slightly quirky, idiosyncratic way with words that you just wouldn't hear from an Englishman and it stands out a mile. My all time favourite has to be: "Get to work you idle scoundrels !!"

and yes ... still (obviously) very pleased with our start, we've not played great it's true but I think it all bodes very well for the season - I'm completely confident we'll switch through the gears as the season continues and if Manure are gonna run us close for the title and if we wanna win the CL this team .... that's no bad thing.

Shozboz   

Boring Boring Chelsea?!

, even Wenger has come out and had a little moan about the lack of attacking play in the premiership.

I remember when Arsenal's ground was referred to as the library and they used to grind out 1-0 results. Adams, keown, Dixon etc all used to play the off side rule to death.....what short memories people have.