• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan Murphy

Random Football Trivia Quiz

Well it's Sunday night, MOTD2 has just finished and I'm bored so I thought I'd test your communal wealth of knowledge with a random football quiz. Some of these are fairly well known trivia questions and some are very difficult. The prize is my eternal respect and gratitude, in voucher form. Cheat if you really want to, but the voucher will be voided! So here goes:

1. Which football league club (Premiership, Championship, League 1 or League 2) shares NO letters with the word MACKEREL?

2. Which football league club (Premiership, Championship, League 1 or League 2) has NO letters in its FULL name with any holes in it (Q,q,e,R,O,o,P,p,A,a,D,d,g,B,B)?

3. Which English-based football club plays its football in the Scottish league?

4. What is Roman's favourite brand of vodka?

5. Three cities/towns have had 2 or more teams that have reached the Champions League (or the old European Cup) semi-finals or further. Milan is one, Madrid is another - name the 3rd.

6. Why are some teams allowed to have triangular corner flags and others are not?

7. What is special about the relationship between the Summerbee family and Manchester City?

8. How many professional goals has Paulo Ferreira scored in his career so far?

9. How did Juan Sebastian Veron lose his virginity?

10. Why are FC St. Pauli a favourite cult club of many fans worldwide, despite only playing in the German 3rd Division?

Place any answers you have in this thread if you can be arsed!

quote:Originally posted by Dan Murphy

Well it's Sunday night, MOTD2 has just finished and I'm bored so I thought I'd test your communal wealth of knowledge with a random football quiz. Some of these are fairly well known trivia questions and some are very difficult. The prize is my eternal respect and gratitude, in voucher form. Cheat if you really want to, but the voucher will be voided! So here goes:

1. Which football league club (Premiership, Championship, League 1 or League 2) shares NO letters with the word MACKEREL?

2. Which football league club (Premiership, Championship, League 1 or League 2) has NO letters in its FULL name with any holes in it (Q,q,e,R,O,o,P,p,A,a,D,d,g,B,B)?

3. Which English-based football club plays its football in the Scottish league?

4. What is Roman's favourite brand of vodka?

5. Three cities/towns have had 2 or more teams that have reached the Champions League (or the old European Cup) semi-finals or further. Milan is one, Madrid is another - name the 3rd.

6. Why are some teams allowed to have triangular corner flags and others are not?

7. What is special about the relationship between the Summerbee family and Manchester City?

8. How many professional goals has Paulo Ferreira scored in his career so far?

9. How did Juan Sebastian Veron lose his virginity?

10. Why are FC St. Pauli a favourite cult club of many fans worldwide, despite only playing in the German 3rd Division?

Place any answers you have in this thread if you can be arsed!

id="quote">

id="quote">

1. Swindon

2. No clue, but you REALLY must be bored to have figured that one out

3. Kilnokee(oops, that would bad movie trivia).

4. Grey Goose

5. London

6. I don't know but it must be Chelsea's fault

7. Someone in Manchester City also slept with Eisenhower.

8. None

9. He got you drunk

10. The St. Pauli Girl is their mascot

quote:Originally posted by Navs4chels

1. Swindon, Notts County

id="quote">

id="quote">Swindon is correct, Notts County has a C in it.

quote:Originally posted by WashingtonBlue

1. Swindon

2. No clue, but you REALLY must be bored to have figured that one out

3. Kilnokee(oops, that would bad movie trivia).

4. Grey Goose

5. London

6. I don't know but it must be Chelsea's fault

7. Someone in Manchester City also slept with Eisenhower.

8. None

9. He got you drunk

10. The St. Pauli Girl is their mascot

id="quote">

id="quote">

1. Correct

2. My mate told me it

3. Erm, no!

4. No, but that's my favourite vodka. I don't think a Russian would choose a French vodka as his favourite though!

5. Nope, only Chelsea have made it from London

6. Nope

7. I dont wanna know mate!

8. Correct

9. Maybe, but its not what I'm looking for!

10. Maybe, I'm not sure, but there are many more humourous reasons than that!

quote:Originally posted by Navs4chels

2. Hull

id="quote">

id="quote">Nice one Navs, Hull City is correct. Good to see someone as bored as me on a Sunday night!