• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sleeping Dave

Historical Attendences For English Clubs

I'd like to remember that we once had a document or webpage that showed how well supported the different clubs in England have been since they was formed.

The statistics were total attendences for all games the club had ever participated in or something similar and it showed that Chelsea were the 4th or 5th best supported club in the country, ahead of scum like Toon and Arse.

Does anyone know where I can find this on the net? Can anyone else recall this at all?

I think we were 6th after Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Toffees and Arsenal. It was on the Toon website. Google Newcastle United attendance table and you'll find it...eventually.

Broughy   

I can't remember, but that can be misleading, you see man u have a 70,000 seater, Chelsea had a 80,000 seater, this won't mean at all how many people follow the club.

Thanks lads. Google is not much help here. Due to the recent debate regarding attendences in England most hits are concerning that...

But I'll keep trying.

David just noticed where you're from - I'm off to Copenhagen tomorrow for a few days with my missus. I've got tickets for Denmark-Greece game on Saturday as well!

quote:Originally posted by Rob_of_Medway

David just noticed where you're from - I'm off to Copenhagen tomorrow for a few days with my missus. I've got tickets for Denmark-Greece game on Saturday as well!

id="quote">

id="quote">

Cheers Rob! I appreciate it!

So your off to wonderful Copenhagen huh? Well, if you need some tips on what to see or need help with anything just drop me a line on:

dari03ac@student.cbs.dk

I hope you'll enjoy your stay!

Cheers David - yes, I enjoyed it. Was there Friday to Monday, it's a great city. Good atmosphere around Nyhavn on Saturday with the Danish & Greek fans all drinking and mixing before the game and the atmosphere in the Parken Stadium later was superb. My wife even enjoyed it and she hates football, haha.

quote:Originally posted by Rob_of_Medway

Cheers David - yes, I enjoyed it. Was there Friday to Monday, it's a great city. Good atmosphere around Nyhavn on Saturday with the Danish & Greek fans all drinking and mixing before the game and the atmosphere in the Parken Stadium later was superb. My wife even enjoyed it and she hates football, haha.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Ah, excellent Rob! I'm delighted you enjoyed it! Yes, the atmosphere at Parken can be amazing at times. It actually tops Stamford Bridge when FC Copenhagen hosts Brøndby IF in the great Copenhagen derby.

Nyhavn is quite nice but much better at summertime. I actually worked there this summer as a bartender but I have now moved on to more posh NASA nightclub. You can check it out at www.nasa.dk for future reference. It's really worth a visit. Otherwise I'm happy the Danish football fans left you with a good impression!

Otherwise it was an excellent weekend for me. Sweden is practically qualified for Germany 2006. Oh am I relieved you're the ones with the incompetent Swede in charge;)! He would never get us to the World Cup.

Cheers,

David