• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duffski

Reo-coker Article

Duffski   

Nigel Reo-Coker (you know, the guy who got away with injuring Essien!) has come out and said that "soft" players are ruining the game!!!

I'm sure he would have been able to skip off from a challenge like that one quite happily! >:(

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=35...ms+soft+players

"I am a competitive player and if I feel I need to make a tackle to try to win the ball I will,"

How could he have won the ball by getting Essien's ankle???

"I am a competitive player and if I feel I need to make a tackle to try to win the ball I will"

I have watched the match, and I think he was not intended. However, he should not speak like this.

quote:Originally posted by Ze Bombay Blue

Just hope the turnip knows that he will cross swords again with Essien come the business end of the season.....

id="quote">

id="quote">

Maybe Essien is look forward to that match.....

Oz Blu   

Actually I think it's an argument Essien would agree with but unfortunately live by the sword die by the sword. Actually does anyone have an update on his injury? No broken bones we would have heard by now but is it just deep bruising or is there actual ligament damage?

I know this is a little hard to digest but didn't Essien say something similar after the two tackles on Ben Haim and Hamman? I mean to tell you the truth, Reo did little wrong except that his tackle was badly timed. He went for the ball and got none of it because Essien was first to it. It's a shame but nothing malicious about and his article isn't saying Essien is a pushover, its just a general note.

Khobar   

I'd agree with what he says, and I feel that his tackle mas mistimed but not intended to cause injury.

In the heat of battle, things can get heated and, unfortunately, injuries can result from this. Reo-Coker should have seen yellow because the tackle was misjudged and can therefore be seen as reckless, but it certainly wasn't a sending off offence.

Whether it was wise to say ANYTHING about it other than "it was a foul, I mistimed the tackle and I'm sorry it resulted in an injury" is another story. If he mistimes another challenge this weekend, his quotes may well be remembered by officials and tip the balance against him.

Too much has been made of this tackle and very little about a number of incidents involving another club which have been consistent and in several cases premeditated. I notice that Sam Allardyce, who has been feted by the press as a good, honest, English manager is suddenly being shown as a self opinionated oaf who should keep his mouth shut. I wonder who he recently gave his good, honest, English opinion against recently.

I'm sorry - it DOES look like rampant paranoia on my part, but I'm simply looking at the facts.

Khobar   

As an aside regarding the West Ham game. I have to say that the tackle by Carl Fletcher on Lamps was not a foul - it was hard and full blooded. However, it is obvious that Fletcher said something to Lampard as they got up, and this was what angered him.

Having watched Fletcher in action quite a few times for Wales, I can say with some authority that he is NOT of premiership standard - he's even struggling to be Championship standard and it shows the current dearth of options that we have in Wales that he can possibly be thought of as International standard.

Karan   

"In today's game I feel we're restricted with the physical side of our game and that perhaps some players just don't like being tackled."

Well, he must thank his stars for he was only playing Chelsea. If it were against Arsenal or a Liverpool player, there would have been a national outcry. The press would have been all over him.

I still think that Essien will trample all over him when they meet up at the Bridge.