• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CFCnet Admin

Gianfranco Zola

Sky Sports would like to know if anybody is going out to Sardinia to celebrate Zola's promtion with Cagliari to Serie A. It's all happening on the weekend of 12/13th June 2004.

Please contact Tim Boyd on 07968 070120

If they are looking for somebody to report back, I'm the man! Just send me the tickets and show me the expense account.

Exclusive from our friends at BAWA. BAWA, courtesy of one of our foot soldiers, are able to release startling news regarding a legend of Stamford Bridge. Our foot soldier reports that Gianfranco Zola was spotted in the grounds of Stamford Bridge this afternoon. And he'll be back for a bit longer!

http://chelsea.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=...=2&stid=8350717

He would make a quality coach and it would certainly be good to have him back.

However I would rather have him stay at Cagliari for one more year, to complete the fairytale story of his playing career in Serie A and then sign him as coach the following season.

When he left I was gutted, but one thing that troubles me is that he left having had a fantastic season. Should he return as a player he might struggle to play regularly, bearing in mind the fact we already have a lot of quality players. That would be a sad memory for younger fans to see, though a coaching role would be very good. Could you imagine if he were used to help develop the young players!

His professionalism is something to behold and physically the care he has taken of himself. If Rooney came to Chelsea, I'd love to see Zola mentor him that could be a very exciting prospect.

It would be excellent to see Franco back. I think he can still offer so much to the club. If he still has the fitness and desire to play for us for another season then that would be something I'd love to see. Like Gary says though, now he's got Cagliari into Serie A would it be better for him to sign off playing at the top level in Italy?

I hope the article is true and we see Franco back at the Bridge very soon.

I think a return to CFC for Gianfranco would be as a coach, not a player.

Remember, we are reducing our playing staff (and the average age).

Or he may have been there to arrange a friendly between Chelsea and Cagliari.

His experience and knowledge that he can pass on to all the players would be second to none, first let him gain some experience in Serie A then come back to us

Or Maybe Nick is right, that would make a nice friendly...

Crowey   

For those who want Franco to come back next year and play can I just mention Marcel Desailly? It might be one season too many? How sad would it be if Franco came back and had lost that edge he had in his last year here?

For me he will always be one of if not the greatest Chelsea players, that’s how I want to remember him, not as playing one season too many. While he always kept himself super fit, I doubt a season in Serie B at his age is any kind of preparation for final season in the Premiership. I hope it was for a friendly match pre-season. As for coaching, if he can impart his professionalism and character to the players we'll be unbeatable.