• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

no1cfcfan

Fa Cup

Does anyone know if the club is planning on doing anything at the FA Cup tie against Newcastle?

I think they should as he was such a prominent figure in us winning it.

quote:Originally posted by True Blue Gary

I very much doubt it. The Spurs home game was sufficient. We could try and win the FA Cup this year and dedicate it to Ossie.

id="quote">

id="quote">

I can think of no better "tribute" to Ossie than to go on & win the Cup this season.

It'll be the last FA Cup Final away from the "New Wembley" (assuming the contractors can sort it out before May 2007!!) - just as 1970 was the last away from the Old Wembley.

Fair chance that if we get there, the final will be against our modern day equivalent of 70's Leeds - The scousers...

As far as further tributes to Ossie go, that's gonna be down to us fans in the stands. I'm sure his name will be chanted loud & proud at the Newcastle game, and every other this season. The Club did all it should on Saturday, and did it well, I have to say. It was great to see 25 Chelsea legends on the pitch, new & old together.

"Let's win The Cup for Ossie" (to the "U don't know wot you're doin'" chant). Sing it loud!!

quote:Originally posted by no1cfcfan

Does anyone know if the club is planning on doing anything at the FA Cup tie against Newcastle?

I think they should as he was such a prominent figure in us winning it.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Don't know if they will, but they should. He's the last player to have scored in all rounds of the FA Cup and led us to securing our first significant trophy since 1955, and on to the ECWC trophy and League Cup final in the following two years.

I know we got the League Cup in 1964/5 but it was like a ZDS tournament in those days.

Crowey   

Interesting to see if Celtic are allowed to field a whole team wearing Johnstone 7. Imagine eleven Osgood 9 lining up against Newcastle! Poor Titus'd have kittens!

Juni   

As far as I know they're only all wearing shorts with his number 7 on, but their own shirts since it's a league rule. Much like some NHL teams this season, when retiring someone's jersey the players all come out wearing that jersey, but remove it and are wearing their own underneath for the game itself.