• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DP89

Ossie's Ashes

DP89   

It was announced in the programme yesterday that Peter Osgoods ashes will be laid at Stamford Bridge. A memorial service will take place at the Bridge which fans may attend. Should be an emotional day, anyone thinking of going?

quote:Originally posted by Alex1996

They should do it before the match when we get presented with the prem. trophy would be very touching.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Yeah I Think Thats a Great Idea!! Id Love To See That Happen!! Maybe They Could Be Scattered From Inside the trophy!! If That Is Possible!! Very Fitting What With The Crown On The Trophy Too!

quote:Originally posted by Alex1996

They should do it before the match when we get presented with the prem. trophy would be very touching.

id="quote">

id="quote">

I'm sure that would go down well with most fans. Guess its down to his family to decide, as they may well want a more private "time" to scatter the ashes.

It says in the programme, on page 17:

"His ashes will be laid in a permanent place at Stamford Bridge".

No mention of them being scattered.

I took this to mean that the urn would be kept somewhere in the ground.

As Michael says, the pitch is dug up twice a year, and therefore hardly a permanent resting place.

Thought it was a really nice touch that Ian Hutchinson's widow was at the match on Saturday. What a fantastic pairing these two were on the pitch - if slightly less succesfull when it came to running a pub.

quote:Originally posted by Duffo The Bear

Thought it was a really nice touch that Ian Hutchinson's widow was at the match on Saturday. What a fantastic pairing these two were on the pitch - if slightly less succesfull when it came to running a pub.

id="quote">

id="quote">

I mean Ossie and Hutch of course not Mr and Mrs Hutch who I'm sure were agreat pairing off the pitch but not on it.