• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robbie16

Thank You Ossie

robbie16   

I just watched the 1970 FA Cup Final DVD and although that was a glorious moment in the history of Chelsea Football Club I was tinged with sadness. Sadness at the death of the King but also the fact never got to see him play. What a player, what a man. Thanks for the memories Ossie.

jmsmith   

I watched Ossie all the time he was at Chelsea and he was brilliant.

The chants were Osgood is good all of the match. He was one of the Chelsea babes (in reply to the manure Busby Babes). He was in fact a very cheeky chappie and a good mate of Terry Venables. Also Charlie Cooke who sent the pass to him for the header in the cup final replay against Leeds at Old Trafford.

robbie16   

Reading some articles in the Carefree and cfcuk fanzines a number of people have commented that Ossie was as good as George Best. True? From what I have seen it is. Also some great stories about the Man, one in cfcuk about Ossie in Barcelona, rather worse for wear and was put in a cab by a Chelsea supporter who told the cabbie to take great care of him coz he scored the winner against Real Madrid. Who did. Brilliant, what a guy. Did anyone here ever meet Osgood?

robbie16, I consider myself fortunate to have grown up watching Ossie play from the first time he came into the team. Supremely skillful, tough as nails, and charisma that made him an absolute God to all us Chelsea fans. Sad that he is gone, but he left us with so many great memories!

Although I was just a kid when I watched him play, I always felt that something special was about to happen and that no matter what the score was we would be alright because Ossie was playing.

Anyone who has drank in the Imperial will know that Ossie was often a regular for a pre-match beer. You could often find Tommy Baldwin and Chopper Harris there as well.

quote:Originally posted by Ed of the Shed

Anyone who has drank in the Imperial will know that Ossie was often a regular for a pre-match beer. You could often find Tommy Baldwin and Chopper Harris there as well.

id="quote">

id="quote">

I did meet Peter in there and was fortunate enough to buy him a pint have him sign my programme and have a chat. What a decent fella.

robbie16   

He really was the King. I was a bit disapointed the CHELSEA Magazine didn't do more on him. The two aforementioned fanzines were all about Osgood.