• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ove

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 2

Ove   

Chelsea lost 2-1 to Liverpool at Old Trafford in the FA Cup Semi Final this evening.

CHELSEA: 1 LIVERPOOL: 2

Goals: Drogba. Riise, Garcia

Cudicini

Geremi (Duff), Terry, Gallas, Del Horno (Robben)

Ferreira, Makelele, Lampard, Essien

Drogba, Crespo (J. Cole)

Subs: Cech, Carvalho, J. Cole, Duff, Robben

Please use this thread for reaction to the Chelsea - Liverpool match.

ifan   

Well, I will start by saying there were three reasons why we lost yesterday. To me, in order of significance: JM's tactical error in the first half, Graham Poll's refereeing decision and players' poor performances.

The only thing great about yesterday was how the fans created such an atmosphere there. It was amazing. Thanks for your support there.

Mr Mourinho, you head is on a platter. Refereeing decisions aside, we were pathetic, a wimper of a team for the first 65 minutes, eventually, when IT saw sense IT brought on Cole and Duff and went on the attack, low and behold we scored, created chances and could have won.

Shoddy defending, it wasn't even schoolboy standard, as for the tactics, it looks like Jose said everyone play everywhere and we'll see how it goes, excuse me if I'm going overboard, but I am sad in the manner of which we left this cup.

Faramir   

We have had a good season. But not a great season. Mourinho and the team have shown in recent weeks that we still have a way to go.

I think Mourinho should be more adventerous in his tactics next season, but I'm not holding my breath.

Codger   

> Mr Mourinho, you head is on a platter

Is this the first sighting of a call for José's head?

Who would you have replace him after less than two seasons, kooliomix?

Brian P   

Why the recent switch to a 4-4-2 since we've had enormous success with a 4-3-3 with a single striker up front? Robben, Joe Cole and Duff are three of the best wingers in the Premiership and all three were sitting on the bench in the first half for reasons only known to Mourinho. To complicate matters further he played Ferriera on the wing in midfield in a 4-4-2 formation.

We beat Liverpool at Anfield playing a 4-4-3 with Joe Cole, Drogba and Duff. Both wingers scored in that game and Drogba had four assists. The end result was a 4-1 victory.

I have given Mourinho the benefit of the doubt on previous occasions but not this time. In an F.A. Semifinal, facing a team you have already defeated 4-1 with a 4-3-3 formation why the hell switch to a 4-4-2? Mourinho got his tactics all wrong and should accept the responsibility for the loss and stop blaming others.

Codger   

> why the hell switch to a 4-4-2

I expect all the people who said it was much better will be along to tell us soon...

CAREFREE!!

Cmon lets get this into perspective, I'm just as annoyed as anyone that we lost to the Scouse bankers but that's life. We need to cheer the team on to victory against UTD. Yes Jose might have picked a wrong team, he did deviate from a known formula against liverpool. But in the league he has beaten them 4 times, once in a cup competition..... These things happen, who here doesn't make mistakes in their workplace??

All the players on that pitch were world class internationals, it's not all Jose's fault. They can all play football. Yes Drogba missed 2 sitters, but I bet any money Crespo wouldn't have got to the header for the goal, and Robben and Cole certainly wouldn't have. We are going to be back to back champions, who would ever have thought that?

You win some you lose some......

But look at the league table and it says:

We are the Chelsea, and we are the best! We are the Chelsea so fcuk all the rest!