• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

benne

Memorial Service?

benne   

Shortly after Peter Osgood's death there was talk of a memorial service to be held at Stamford Bridge,has anyone heard any thing further about this?

It would be a fitting tribute to Ossie,and would give all fans a chance to pay their respects.

Juni   

Or even if they're going to confirm them? I placed an order/applied about 5 mins after the piece went live and I've heard nothing from the club since. I'm worried it won't have gone through and I'll miss out.

Not sure where I saw it, but apparently only 4,000 are being allowed in because of unspecified restrictions on the day. I haven't heard anything yet either.

quote:Originally posted by Harry Sideras

Not sure where I saw it, but apparently only 4,000 are being allowed in because of unspecified restrictions on the day. I haven't heard anything yet either.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Blimey. Thanks for the tip Harry. I applied for tickets the same day they went up. Hope I get lucky.

Big Daz   
quote:Originally posted by Duffo The Bear

Blimey. Thanks for the tip Harry. I applied for tickets the same day they went up. Hope I get lucky.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Me too Duffo, but I've heard nothing and was just starting to panic until I found this ........ I'll put something on here when (and if) any tickets show up

Found the article now: MoS 170906

Chelsea will bury Osgood's ashes in service at Bridge

By Alex Montgomery

Peter Osgood's ashes will be buried at Stamford Bridge next month in a unique tribute to the man considered by many to be Chelsea's greatest footballer.

The west London club will honour the England striker's memory with a memorial service of thanksgiving on Sunday, October 1.

They have also agreed to respect Ossie's unusual request to have his ashes buried rather than scattered inside the stadium which held so many memories for him.

Osgood made the request to his wife Lynette before his sudden death from heart failure at the age of 59 seven months ago.

He formed a special relationship with the Chelsea fans, and again at Southampton where his elegance and skill were so admired.

Chelsea have been forced to restrict the attendance for the service to 4,000, who will be able to acquire tickets via the internet.

All of Ossie's former managers, coaches and team-mates are being invited, including Tommy Docherty, his first coach at Chelsea, and Lawrie McMenerny, who took him to Southampton where he helped win the FA Cup in 1976.

'Peter deserves nothing less,' said McMenemy.