• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kezza

Juan Pablo Sorin

Kezza   

Instead of always looking for that elusive left back who in our criteria must be world class, big name (either highly rated or household name), solid defensively why don't we just look at some players who just get the job done quietly. I think Sorin may not be have a world class reputation but he does the job quietly and is solid defensively just what we are looking for. Instead of going for the odd talented youngster who turned out shaky or the established superstar who might have some problems in the dressing room.

Thoughts? by the way how old is Sorin? :D

By the way, Messi was class and exciting the last 15 mins he was on

Sekhar   

I wish we had Messi. Not fair that Barca has the current best player in world and most likely the next one.

Sorin is getting on in terms of age though. He turned 30 last May. We were linked to Lahm recently, whether this is true or not I don't know. Don't mind getting him, but he is better at attackin than defending (kinda like Del Boy) and is naturally right footed (although it hasn't prevented him from putting in some excellent crosses with his left). This is only based on the 2 games I've seen him play for Germany (which I'm sure everyone else has seen :P)

Back to Sorin, he's not a bad choice but again he's far better at attacking than defending, and he'll be a short term signing.

Steveo   

Yeah he's a quality defender I reckon! Wouldn't mind having him though he would have to have a haircut - it looks stupid lol. I think he's about 28 but not too sure!

Sorin has just passed 30 (younger than Roberto Carlos though!). He's been back and forth between Europe and South America for years barely lasting a year at each of Juve, Lazio, Barcelona and PSG but finally completed his second season in a European club at Villareal. He's played central defence and even midfield before and now captains Argentina.

Kezza   

I think a solid player like Sorin would be better than Lahm now, considering what we experienced with Del Horno. Highly rated, great at attacking but failed to live up to expectations at the Bridge.

Sorin was useless in the Champions League when Villareal needed a performance from him. He only looks good when surrounded by top quality countrymates. We don't need him.

Say no to the hair.

In all seriousness though, he is a solid enough defender. But if we are going to go for someone in their 30s, I would pick Zambrotta and Roberto Carlos over him.

sorin is 29 I THINK, he looks 40 though! lol! chelsea's line up next year???>>>

------------Cech-------------

-RAMOS------Terry---NESTA--------Gallas/LAHM--------

---------------Makelele-----------------------

--Essien-----Lampard------Ballack--------------------

------------Cole/Robben----------------------------------

----------- Shevchenko------------------------------

basole   
quote:Originally posted by todubhain461

sorin is 29 I THINK, he looks 40 though! lol! chelsea's line up next year???>>>

------------Cech-------------

-RAMOS------Terry---NESTA--------Gallas/LAHM--------

---------------Makelele-----------------------

--Essien-----Lampard------Ballack--------------------

------------Cole/Robben----------------------------------

----------- Shevchenko------------------------------

id="quote">

id="quote">

MINE IS FAR MORE STRONGER. Take a look:

....................Cech

Gallas......Carvalho,....Terry,.....Zambrotta

..................Makelele

......Ballack.................Lampard

..................J.Cole

.......Shevchenko.........Robben

SUBS (any 5 out of these): Carlo, Ferreira, Geremi, Bridge, Essien, Diarra, Obi, Drogba, Duff, SWP, Kalou,

*****Our subs can win the premiership**************************

I like that lineup quite a lot basole. I think the top three could also have some freedom in that Joey Cole could drift to the right, Robben to the left and Shev at the center like the Dutch formation.