• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan Pereira

Fernando Torres Pre-CFC

Torres sounds like a pretty good player from what I have heard I saw him in Spain’s 1-0 victory over Russia, He looks like a Chelsea player already; Bad hairstyle (Crespo), and can’t score sitters (Chelsea).

I still reckon he’ll be a good signing, better than any player Mourinho wants to bring in (his whole Porto squad). I hope Chelsea are looking at Euro 2004 to see how makes themselves known on the big event. And not players like Ferreira who are not needed to be bought at a ridiculous amount of 13m.

C’mon England!

Ferriera was partly at fault for the first Greece goal in yesterday's match, but showed a lot of promise going forward. His crossing from the right-hand side was what we were missing last season and he looks a good addition to the team. We don't know what is included in this £13 million deal. Arsenal got Reyes for what seemed a ridiculous amount of money according to Seville, but most of the deal was based on appearances and success. Also we don't know, if say, we payed a little over the top for a player in order to encourage Porto to let us have first option on some of their young players? Just a theory!

Mourinho is hardly bringing in the whole Porto squad, perhaps 2 or 3 players at most.

Gary, I was thinking along the same lines.

PK stated that the Ferriera deal wasn't actually completed yet. Why not? The player wants to come here, Porto have agreed and we apparently want him.

So I am wondering if the deal hinges on one or more other deals concering Porto players.

Yes, Ferreira made a mistake yesterday but he did look good coming forward in what was a very mediocre team performance.

Was I watching the same game as everyone else? The whole of the Portugal squad were awful, Ferreira was no exception. How many times did he cross from the left and there wasn’t anyone following in at the back post like all good wingbacks do? How many decent crosses did he honestly make? I didn’t see him pass the halfway line more than half a dozen times, whether that was his fault or the way Portugal played I don’t know, but he didn’t prove his worth yesterday.

Harvz   

I would like to point out in defence of Ferriera... that Andrade and the other central defensive bloke also made some serious mistakes that should and would have been punished by better strikers. Andrade was the fellow that got on the CL team of the year wasn't he? Or at least he was touted for the position.

My point is that the Portugese were ALL jittery, its just a shame that our lad was the one who paid.

Did anyone else smile (even a little?!) when Ronaldo put his foot in it?

RA was watching the Portugal match and no doubt had a bit of concern when he saw Ferreira's flop. But at least we know RA is watching Euro 2004 (and JM certainly is too) and the'll probably come out of it with a new shopping list.

I worry about JM bringing players from Porto. I dont think a single one of them is good enough to play for us. Especially not Deco and at the alleged money not Ferreira either.

"How many times did he cross from the left and there wasn’t anyone following in at the back post like all good wingbacks do?"

Olly, you may care to get your TV checked over! ;-) Ferreira was playing on the right! But I take your point.

Ferreira was a good buy IMHO. We need someone to replace Melchiot. But I agree that nobody else from Porto is worthy of Chelsea. Deco is a great player...but we really don't need him!

I'm not sure about Ferreira. I've only seen him a few times and he looked a competent right back, except for Saturday, but then again even the Neviller looks a competent right back sometimes and I wouldn't want him in my side! However, I was speaking to a Portugese Porto Fan on Saturday night who was over here on business and I was asking about him and he reckons he's utter class. He sounded like a few West Ham boys I spoke to about Glen Johnson, gutted he was going but acknowledging his class. I brought up the game and explained I personally thought he had a stinker, and he just sort of said he's asked to defend more by fat Phil. You have to back Mourinho on this one I think.

The only concern I have is over Glen Johnson, I think the boy has the potential to become the best right back in the world, he has everything barring experience. I appreciate he could play right mid, but do you honestly think we're not going to sign a right midfielder? If Glen is wasted sitting on the bench it will be a shame, he's no John Harley.