• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Founding Member

Fulham 0 Chelsea 2

Chelsea beat Fulham 2-0 at Craven Cottage in the Premier League this afternoon.

Please use this thread for reaction to the Chelsea - Fulham match.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and it’s abuse will result in it’s deletion.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things.

ajay   

really good performance by Geremi at right back, Shevchenko still looking average but surely he will soon come good

I thought Cole was poor again tbh, which reminds me, the support sounded fantastic!

"Oh, Wayne Bridge.... scored a f***ing great goal...."

Drogba captain towards the end was a nice touch, he's been running his socks off all season and Lamps got a huge applause when he went off!

As for Sheva, don't worry about him, give him chances and he'll score, he hasn't exactly missed any has he?

Not a good first half. Fulham just stifled the middle, and the only attack came from Robben on the left flank. Second half was better for us. After the penalty (very well taken by Lampard), we dominated completely.

Drobga was our best player. He attacked, defended and ran around. Loved the away fans singing 'Drogba la la la la' at the end of the game.

dooder12   

Kalou came on a gave us something different. Pk changed the game, but what worries me is that our passing was off. And we lacked speed in our play. Lack of movement of the midfielders and forwards off the ball has really contributed to our static stilted style of play. I really don't think we can blame it on the new players, it is more so the system of play. Ashley Cole was good in patches, bad in others, he really didn't attack very well nor use the pace in front of him. Lampard was largely invisible until the the PK when he really came out and played like the Lamps we remember. Great celebration, show that passion Lampard. Geremi was excellent defended and attacked very very well. Sheva is not off form, we are not finding him on the field. He is a world class forward. We will have to find a way to accomidate him, either play with him for a half and sub Drogba in or the other way around. I just don't like the fact that he has do so much tracking back instead of getting into goalscoring positions. Kaka would create more chances himself that our whole team could. Mikel can be our answer to Kaka as he is always looking to pass, and is very good at playmaking. He came on a did well. I would really like to see us switch back to a 4-3-3 with Ballack Lampard and Makelele. Sheva on the right wing and Robben on the left and Drogba in the center. Sheva worked hard for the team, but he should not be the creator, the midfield should create for him. The key is movement of the ball, Mikel and Kalou and Essien all linked up very well near the end. Movement of the ball is very important, we have players with pace and we must use them and spread play out wide. Lampards goal was typically Lampard and it uplifted him, but up until that point he really didn't do much. Tends to loop his passes at times, and they are only completed (even if there off target) because of Drogba's graft and tenacity. Needs to add a bit more zip to his game. I know he can do it. His performance had nothing to do with Ballack though. For me our CL formation should be as follows:

Geremi...Boulahrouz...Carvahlo........Bridge

................Ballack..................

.Essien........................Lampard..

.................Robben.................

...............Shevan...................

......................Drogba.............

We played alright. Had a few great plays but it really opened the game up again for us after the penalty.

Well done to Lamps for proving to his critics that he still hasn't changed his form.

TOP OF THE TABLE!

I have to give praise to the defence. Ferreira and Geremi came on after a time on the bench, and fit in well. Ferrera did good in centre-back which is great as he was out of position. Carvalho deserves special praise for handling all the changes and leading the defence well. Cole did okay, but I kept wondering why Bridge wasn't playing.