• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bitnr

Ossie Statue?

bitnr   

Not sure if this is appropriate for a whole new thread but......

I understand there is a fans forum meeting quite soon? Or something along those lines. Well is there any plans to put across a petition maybe or request that a statue is put up in Ossies honour just outside Stamford Bridge.

I know we've had the plaque recently unveiled but I was hoping there would maybe be that little extra, and myself, like many others I'm sure, think a statue of Ossie is 100% the next step.

I haven't really heard anything coming out from the club etc which makes me think maybe it should be brought up again.

Any thoughts or plans of making sure the club know this soon?

Big Daz   

I think as far as the club are concerned they have done what they consider necessary by allowing him to be buried under the penalty spot and providing a plaque (see other topics).

I, for one, would also like to see a statue of the King Of Stamford Bridge, maybe just outside the Millenium Entrance to the West Stand or in front of the reception at the Shed End.

After all, the scousers have Shankly, the mancs have Busby, arse have Herbert Chapman (Although they keep him hidden inside), Ipswich have Alf Ramsey & Bobby Robson, Charlton have one of Sam Bartram, Middlesboro have Wilf Mannion and George Hardwick, Swansea have Ivor Allchurch, Blackburn have one of Jack Walker (!!!) and even Wolves have Billy Wright & Stan Cullis, all legends for their respective clubs (although Blackburn's is a bit iffy), so why shouldn't we have Ossie ??

What does everyone else think .......... ??

I agree - the plaque, while very nice, is hardly in an easy to get to location - a statue outside the Shed Bar would be a focus and somewhere more appropriate for fans to remember him by. Leeds have one of Bremner and I believe there's one at Everton of Dixie Dean so why not one of Osgood.

This was asked back in March and I suggested a Bronze - hopefully in place of that peculiar unidentified thing outside the Shed bar, whatever it is.

A very popular one here in Birmingham was created by my old Art teacher, Laurence Broderick. I think it's sufficiently dramatic to work.

bitnr   

Dissapointing innit mate?

I can only think that it'll happen whenever this stadium lark is sorted.

Cheers for the replies though everyone.

Sir   

Apparently a statue will be unveiled at the Arsenal game on October 3rd.