• Current Donation Goals

One of the most disgusting kits we ever played in was the blue and yellow hooped variety. Some of the football we played wearing that in 84/85 with Dixon Speedie and Nevin was the most enjoyable I have ever had. I also remember the great Rudd playing in the disgusting silver and orange monstrosity.

Our best kits were in the early 70s when we were sliding into obscurity.

The point being who cares. We have our best ever squad potentially a great manager so they could be wearing blue tutus as long as we win the league!

I'm actually relieved. This is one kit I WON'T have to buy! I've got all three from last year hanging in my closet. My favorite is actually still the midnight blue change kit from last year.

So what do we all think, assuming you've seen the pictures or the game.

Black and silver??

I recall someone on this site got this one spot on about a week ago.

Kenyon. New kit. ManU. Black away.

Anyone want to claim that prediction??!!

Can't claim the prediction, but it makes sense.

At the moment I hate it. At least black was one of Man U's colors and was integrated into their other kits somewhere. The away kit has little or no blue on it and silver has nothing to do with Chelsea that I'm aware of, so I find it all a bit puzzling. Liked last year's blue/black kit much better. Nicest Chelsea shirt in a long time. Why did they ditch it so fast?

We looked like Newcastle last night against Roma. Or the NFL's Oakland Raiders. But someone in marketing must be saying "Black sells." Which in the States, at least, is absolutely right. Menacing gear sells well.

tjyes   

I think the kit is really nice and makes us look pretty classy. People are saying that the kit is too similar to Man United's and so on, but there aren't that many different designs or colours you can have.

Do people remember Arsenal's kit form last season, it was identical to Brazil's World Cup 2002 kit, but just a different colour. If you don't believe me then you can look it up. They weren't complaining.

How can you say we looked like Newcastle washingtonblue, did you see any stripes on our shirt? I didn't realise Newcastle had silver on their shirt???

rusty   

Come on lads! If you look at our colours for the last few years they've been Blue, White and Black.

England (Umbro) brought out the new away kit with silver in it.

They make our kit too, so it stands to reason England/Chelsea/Chelsea/England.

It's better than orange and grey!

Say no more!

The silver represents the bling-bling of Roman :oD

I like the idea of a black strip, but I could've done without the shiny silver. I'll just wait for the new home kit next year before I splash my measely cash.

Washington - You just ruined it for me. Comparing the away kits to the Raiders' makes me physically ill. Please retract that comment!

The kit doesn't look "Chelsea". Who was the genius that came up with this brilliant idea?