• Current Donation Goals

You think that's bad.I live in Bury St Edmunds,home of Greene King beer.It costs more to buy a pint in Bury than it does bloody Wales.Buying a shirt is a one off.

Rant over.

We get ripped off over the price of tickets, merchandise etc so that our club can give £20+ million away to French clubs for average players!

quote:Originally posted by Matt Connellan

Just be grateful you don't have to pay upto £20 postage to Australia!

id="quote">

id="quote">

Yes I think the postage is the same to the States. It works out to be $38 American just for shipping! That is ludicrous! CFC wants to expand their American fan base and then pulls our pants down when we want to buy a shirt? I don't get it. Any other outlet will charge half of that at the most. I'd never buy from the megastore unless I can go there myself or have a friend do so for me. The megastore doesn't seem interested in competitive pricing.

Well, a shop near me Sports Soccer (they also retail as donnay international, lillywhites and sports world) are selling them for £32, or with official premier league name and numbering for £35, I got zola 25, just seems a bit of nostalgia kicking in for me, but having the clubs best ever player on the shirt in the centenery year is cool for me.

Tripod   

Up here in football starved Leeds I only paid £32 for my new Chelsea shirt.

Mind you, up here not much more would buy you a small house...

Kal   

The centenary shirt is tacky and just generally doesn't look good anyway, I don't know why anyone buys it... they really look poor upon close inspection I think. I can't wait for next year and Adidas to design us some real shirts.

Replica shirts are just expensive anyway, I think £32 is also quite expensive considering the material and labour costs, £20-£25 would be a more sensible retail price considering each shirt is probably worth about £10.

Fentini   

20 quid postage for a DVD even . Have it for 2 bloody days ,when someone decides to break into the house and nick all the DVD,s .Plus my Chelsea DVD.

Only up side after watching it .I hope the prick becomes a fan .

edno   

Come on guys, the Megastore is bound to be more expensive. The shirt is going to ship from Umbro, not a little factory underneath the Matthew Harding Lower. Also, high street sport shops will have a far larger (and therefore relatively cheaper) distribution network than Chelsea FC and its one shop. Same for the onliners - lower overheads = cheaper prices.

Oh, and the shop is in London. Tourist capital, by the way. Imagine how many rich tourists that don't know a great deal about market pricing in this country will walk in there after seeing or reading about CFC in some far off country and think that £50's the going rate. Add that to the grossly inflated wages in the city and you can kind of see where the extra margin is going.

I agree that if you're a season ticket holder then you should get a sizeable discount. Likewise, if you're abroad and CFC wants to become a global brand, the only way it is going to achieve this is with the merchandise being competatively priced. Unless, of course, it would rather that some sweat shop in a deep jungle in Asia is knocking off fakes at 5p a time. Hell, I'm moving to the US with my newly found global distribution company and cleaning up, cause I bet there's a shed load of would-be Chelsea shirt wearers over there! Franchises are available upon request :)

TeRiYaKi   
quote:Originally posted by Toby Brown
quote:Originally posted by TeRiYaKi

That so doesn't make sense Toby!

id="quote">

id="quote">

Does now... just edited it... changed my mind on what what was going to say half way through!! :)

id="quote">

id="quote">

Didn't know that you could edit posts without an edit mark, the perks of being an administrator =p