• Current Donation Goals

alan   

Another day, another Chelsea rip-off! Can you imagine the money grabbing pig’s smiles when they knew they had an excuse to bring out a new home kit two seasons in a row because of our clubs centenary?

Management Number One- I've got an idea guys, we'll bring out a 'special' centenary shirt just for the one year, then bring out another home shirt for the next season"

Management Number Two- "ohh, I'm not sure, that's like ripping our fans off especially when they've paid extortionate match tickets for soo many years?"

Management Number One- "That's exactly why we should do it, because they're used to being ripped off by now hehe"

Management Number One- "Your soo right, silly me, must have been the champagne I had at breakfast"

quote:Originally posted by 1johnnyspencer

I thought squad numbers on the front was a World Cup thing, not a league thing.

id="quote">

id="quote">

You might be right jonny spencer with that. If so we're a little lob sided but hey, still looks nice and simple!

Its not that important what it looks like as Trev Crosse just said,if it is awful we will all still buy it,I buy the kits but dont wear colours to games.Also agree with Kezza,Adidas is far better than Umbro.

Lets get on with the important stuff.

quote:Originally posted by SamLynes

I have to say I bought an Adidas top when in Sweden that looks similar in design and collar to the one on the Adidas website and its a great shirt - Djurgarden away.

I was never a huge fan of Umbro whom I felt always made the kits overcomplicated, a big fan of plain but stylish shirts, look at Barca's one last year . . . I also love the 3 stripes, and was very pleased when we got Adidas as the new manfacturer. Hated the collar of the Chelsea Centenary kit, and the shirts never feel like they are fitted well, I also felt that the way Umbro made their 'cool' air vents a slightly different colour, with the gold was unnecessary.

I think I might be the only person who would also prefer to have just the lion on the shirt and not the full crest.

Personally I am looking forward to putting Shevchenko 7 on the back and think that when people see the shirt for what it is - as a classic plain but brilliant design - they will change their mind.

I haven't got excited about a kit in ages, in fact in the last 15 years only the Hoddle Amiga from the 94 cup final, and then one from the 2002 final were ones I really took to.

id="quote">

id="quote">

I agree with you mate... I'm not keen on Umbro myself. I was pleased when I first heard that we had agreed a deal with Adidas. I wouldn't have minded either Nike or Adidas because I like them both.

I also like the three stripes on the sleeve. I think it looks good, in my opinion as I've always liked Adidas.

The more I look at the preview of the kit on the Adidas site, the more it's growing on me. My favourite feature is the embroidered lion on the back. I think that looks good!

I just want them to reveal the dam thing! Non of this preview rubish... we're not kids waiting for xmas... we just want to see the kit so we can buy it/share our opinions on it!

Guinness   

I'm sure you have all seen the pictures here, but the long sleeved version of the new kit looks very nice indeed, somehow much better than the short sleeved one. I still thought Umbro did a better job with it, though.

If you all thought this was bad, wait until you see the reported third kit

(insert vomiting emoticon here). The Silver and black one from last year was a nylon masterpiece by comparison.

quote:Originally posted by greenaway

How pompous has football become?! Its a nylon t shirt for children for Christ's sake. Just make it, put it in a shop and sell it, don't "preview" it like its the next Hollywood Blockbuster.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Exactly my thoughts feller....

poona   

I like the collar, just think a little more design could have been done with the front mid section.

Liverpool's new adidas kit looks fantastic.

We have been outdone.

DP89   

> aren't Barca running a sponsorship with Unicef.

Yes they are, but the sponsor will not appear on the playing shirt.

Kal   
quote:Originally posted by Paul Richards

Never liked shirt advertising, its an act of vandalism imo on a par with graffiti/tagging.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Yeah... or no. What a ridiculous statement - shirt sponsoring is on par with vandalism now? I never cease to be amazed.