• Current Donation Goals

26 JT   

Todays feature on the microsite was the small adidas authenticity , wonder what they will show off tomorrow

Well if it's 45 quid in the UK, it'll be well over $130.00 here on Oz, it is a rip off, but I'll get one, hopefully my son will send one over for me birthday....

The reason we have two new home kits in successive summers in not only due to the centenary. As most people know adidas take over as kit supplier this summer, so whatever happened there would have been a new kit this summer. The away kits are changing too, and of course this again is due to the kit supplier changing. The centenary year coincided with Umbro's last year which probably best as we'd have only had last season's kit for one season anyway.

However, I suspect that even if we'd not changed kit supplier we still would have had a one-season centenary kit.

sambo   

The more I see of the new kit the more I like it. Still not worth £45 but I will buy it never-the-less. How long is this kit good for 3 years?

26 JT   

Is it £45 in the megastore that can't be right before the whole adidas micrsite thing was on the go I phoned the day before and the guy said they dont know how much the top will be but it will be between £30-45 , I think everyone is getting 45 by the internet price on ebay !

This will be the first year ever that I won't be buying the new kits from the megastore. Last year I bought one adult and one childs top, both with name and number on the back, from the megastore and it cost near 100 quid. I found out a couple of days later that I could have saved 30 quid had I bought them in my local sports store.

I always bought from the megastore as all the money goes back to the club but when you can save around 1/3 of the price you may as well go elsewhere. Unfortunately this is just another example of our greedy club ripping us off.

aniaw   

I'm still not utterly loving it, purely because of the stripes going all the way up the arm, but will buy it nonetheless. The lion at the back towards the tramp stamp area is rather a lovely touch though.

Think it was Rachel that made the point, are they not doing the womens version as well? They were cut much better for those of us with boobs.

Kezza   
quote:Originally posted by alan

Another day, another Chelsea rip-off! Can you imagine the money grabbing pig’s smiles when they knew they had an excuse to bring out a new home kit two seasons in a row because of our clubs centenary?

Management Number One- I've got an idea guys, we'll bring out a 'special' centenary shirt just for the one year, then bring out another home shirt for the next season"

Management Number Two- "ohh, I'm not sure, that's like ripping our fans off especially when they've paid extortionate match tickets for soo many years?"

Management Number One- "That's exactly why we should do it, because they're used to being ripped off by now hehe"

Management Number One- "Your soo right, silly me, must have been the champagne I had at breakfast"

id="quote">

id="quote">

Enough of that mate. Man U has had their kits changed every season for the past 3-4 season. They are getting yet another new one this season. Arsenal too. What's wrong with a new kit every season? You can choose not to buy them. A new kit every season just add on to the excitement I have for supporting this club. Is there anything wrong with that? You can perhaps then support another team who wears the same kit every year for 10 years.