• Current Donation Goals

I think that we should be wearing the black shirt I like it better than the white one.

Sir   
quote:
Originally posted by maltesemanc

Why did you use the european kit for the premiership and not in the champions league>?

id="quote">

id="quote">

Because Blackeyeburn have Blue and white in their kit, and they was at home. Chelsea have a blue kit for the home, and white for the away so it would not of worked so we had to wear the black one, I don't think Blackburn would of worn the red away kit so it would accomodate us.Think that answer's your Q.

I think we wore at Blackburn because they had a blue/white strip, and they certainly won't be wearing away kits when they are at home. thus, applying the same logic, we would most probably be wearing the black kit again in the EPL for away games to Reading, Wigan and Man City. For Everton and Pompey they would go for the white.

as for the UCL, sometimes it's just not up to the kit man. UEFA is pretty sticky on sponsors, colours, etc so am not surprised if UEFA wanted us to wear the white v Sofia to provide a better colour contrast. having said that, without looking any further than group stages, the only other chances we have of parading the 'European' kit would be away to Barca and Werder Bremen, although white would be a better contrast away to Barca, while wearing Blue away to Werder Bremen would also be ok in terms of colour contrast. so, it's pretty much up to the whims and fancies of UEFA then...

as for letterings, I think only silver would go well with the black kit ala our black kit a couple of seasons back. but too early to tell, ain't it?

AW.

Karan   

May I suggest a return to these classic away kits in the future, just to make things look different:

1970s Away

Simple and nice

Away 1974/75

Different colours although it has the Bulgarian or Basque colours on it.

And personally I liked the yellow away kits much better and not to forget the ever popular 'Midnight' strip.

Chappy   

As far as I am concerned the traditional change of colour for Chelsea is either white or Yellow.

When the club began it was white, moving onto the popular yellow designs of the 70s and early 80s.

So for me its white or yellow.

Nothing really wrong with the black kit but just dont feel it has anything to do with Chelsea.

However its a sight better than the jade, red or tangerine horrors of the past.

WLB   

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 : 16:44:48

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As far as I am concerned the traditional change of colour for Chelsea is either white or Yellow.

When the club began it was white, moving onto the popular yellow designs of the 70s and early 80s. "

Yellow would take out the need for a third shirt but in the interests of marketing, it makes sense to produce one. Personally I like the black shirt and I've bought one (Essien on the back) - initially I was put off by the pinstripes but it has slowly become more appealing.

well it's confirmed that the Euro kit will be sporting grey/silver wordings for UCL, local retailers here in KL, Malaysia has just received stock for them.

looks pretty cool!

AW.

Codger   

> Why did you use the european kit for the premiership

> and not in the champions league?

Because it's not a European kit. It's the third strip, people have swallowed all the marketing bollocks.

I was wondering if someone can help? I recently bought A Chelsea Pulse Training Top and Shorts for my son from the megastore online and I'm trying to find the matching socks. In the catalogue Shevchenko is wearing them but apparently they don't stock them. Can anyone suggest where I might get these or the nearest match possible?