beveragebloke

New Kits

5,886 posts in this topic

This last season's away kit will become next season's third kit. This is official. The new first choice away kit, designed to commemorate the centenary, will be black and silver, and the badge will be a little different.

That's not too bad then.

At least the club knows it will have 3 shirts that sell, as last season's change kit was pretty poor in my opinion.

Well, Arsenal and Man U are sponsored by mobile phones networks, why don't we join in?

Except it would look odd having 'Orange' on our shirts or something...

I like the idea of this new away shirt, but maybe to commemorate the century we should have some writing underneath the badge like they do on the play-off finals shirts, or something like that anyway.

Black and Silver? I guess change is good....as we've already have a change in manager!

I am from the young generation of fans that has grown up with the 'new' badge (20 or so years old!), but even I would love to revert to the older badge, especially as it is the centenary.

The older badge just looks better, simple as that!

Hopefully the slight changes to the badge mentioned by CarefreeChris will encorporate the older design.

There will be a new away kit for next season and it will be predominantly black, launched just before the start of the season.

There is no new home kit for the new season. The 2005/06 season one hasn't been designed yet.

The Emirates sponsorship is up for renewal at the end of the forthcoming season so there may or may not be a change of sponsor.

The badge IS also being reviewed although no decision has been made yet.

Why doesn’t Chelsea make the design similar to what Chelsea wore when we won top-flight football in ‘55? Should be worth to have one.

I like the idea of the new kit but I like the sponsor and the badge but if they have a nicer badge to put on the shirt well all I can say is they should go ahead.

Cheers for the info.

I'm a bit disappointed. I think black kits are rather dull and would have much preferred a lighter kit or just stayed with our current away shirt.