• Current Donation Goals

I couldn't give a monkey's in any way whatsoever.

Well, not quite. Whatever it changes to, I won't be buying a shirt for myself until it's completed.

Crowey   
quote:Originally posted by up the Duff

[br]

Fair enough that Ken wanted us to be the Manyoo of the south but do we have to become another money making machine for Nike etc?.... Winning trophies should be the benchmark for how successful the club becomes not how many jerseys we can flog around the world!

id="quote">

id="quote">

"Flogging" jerseys all round the world not only makes Nike money but us as well. It certainly IS A benchmark for a successful club in this age where you can't be successful without the finances in place to invest in a team capable of providing success on the pitch.

I hate the latest Nike kits -- the Team USA kit, for example, has to be one of the ugliest strips ever -- but I must admit that all the "big clubs" seem to have Nike or Addidas (Real, Juve, AC Milan, Arse, ManU, etc.). Can't think of anyone else with Umbro. Oh yeah, Everton...

Codger   
quote:Umbro are rubbish, Nike are the biggest and best brand in the world, however I wouldn't have minded Adidas.

id="quote">

id="quote">Could someone please tell me why Umbro are rubbish?

They've served Chelsea well for some time now, and the England team. I just don't get it....

basole   

If we change the kit makers, I would only prefer Adidas. I don't like Nike designs (besides I don't want us to look like manure & arse).

I have to say that I will be disappointed if we do sign with Nike, although on a marketing front it would be a good move. Personally I would rather go with Adidas from a quality point of view and as it would mean we have something different from ManU and Arse.

The one good thing that could come from Nike is the retention of traditional colours. From what I can tell, they have stuck to traditional colours for both ManU and Arse (yellow away and blue away) where as with Umbro every season you wonder what's coming next, black, silver etc I just don't think is us (bearing in mind that I'm not sure how much input CFC have on that!, I just wish they'd bring back yellow!)

Umbro have served us well but they have gone from having half the premiership to just us and Everton (and they only came back after a Puma deal) I suppose it did give us an air of exclusivity!

One last thing... does that mean that the 'UMBRO' on the Shed will be replaced by the 'Swoosh'?

It would be nice to stick with Umbro, why should we do the same as most the other big teams and change to Nike... I prefer to be different.

As I said before though if we do change to Nike as least there is the advantage (for me and other females) that they make womans size kits :)