• Current Donation Goals

razoray   

I wouldn't say the number 7 shirt was cursed considering Pat Nevin and Charlie Cooke wore #7: two of our greatest ever. Also Keith Weller (scored loads)

Peter Osgood, Kerry Dixon #9

Alan Hudson used to wear 8, 10 and even 4 I seem to remember

1970 team numbers (subject to failing memory):

1: Peter Bonetti; 2: Ron Harris; 3: Eddie McCreadie; 4: Johnnie Hollins; 5: John Dempsey; 6: David Webb; 7:Charlie Cooke; 8: Alan Hudson; 9: Peter Osgood; 10: Ian Hutchinson; 11: Peter Houseman

Benners   
quote:Originally posted by scottyblue

2. Super Dan!

You're right about the number 7 though (Mutu, Bogarde, Laudrup, Goldbaek), maybe we should retire that one!

id="quote">

id="quote">

Patsy nevin wore the No 7.

Reconsider your case!

Tim   
quote:Originally posted by razoray

I wouldn't say the number 7 shirt was cursed considering Pat Nevin and Charlie Cooke wore #7: two of our greatest ever. Also Keith Weller (scored loads)

Peter Osgood, Kerry Dixon #9

Alan Hudson used to wear 8, 10 and even 4 I seem to remember

1970 team numbers (subject to failing memory):

1: Peter Bonetti; 2: Ron Harris; 3: Eddie McCreadie; 4: Johnnie Hollins; 5: John Dempsey; 6: David Webb; 7:Charlie Cooke; 8: Alan Hudson; 9: Peter Osgood; 10: Ian Hutchinson; 11: Peter Houseman

id="quote">

id="quote">

Hopefully it's your memory that's failing. 8-) I always thought Hutch was No. 11 but I stand to be corrected.

poona   

I hope I didn't get anyone too excited with the topic which I imagine I did.

BUT...

Does anyone know when it is to be released to the exact date?

What is the quickest way to purchase it?

Does everyone get a name and PL badges?

Anyone got any ideas on what it will look like?

I'm a little excited about it as you can probably tell. Dunno what it is but I love it when a new kit comes out.

I'm excited too, especially because I can finally get the kit with Gold PL Lion badges on the sleeves. Fantastic !

Who's name and number will you put on the back ?

Or, would you rather leave it blank because it's the centenary shirt ?

I'm opting to leave the centenary shirt blank, but put JT 26 on an away kit...with the Gold lions of course !

Kal   

I tend to leave my shirts blank nowerdays. Players come and go like wildfire - the only shirt with name and number on the back was one where I was very young and had my name on the back, and a Zola one.

Now I just think that the shirts are all generally quite nice - especially the black away ones, so I prefer to not have a name on the back so it doesn't look tacky if I decide to go out in it.

I usually agree with you Kal, but the Centenary kit is for one year. We can be fairly sure that certain players aren't leaving before 06/07. Also, if you get it each time the new kit comes out...sponsors change every few years too. I guess no one is a cert to last for 4 years or so, but some players are a good bet.