• Current Donation Goals

Yeah I gave up buying replica shirts about 2 years ago. Shocking how they expect people to fork out all that money for a new kit every year. Plus there will be a new home shirt every year now, I've got more important things to spend my hard earned wonga on.

I agree it is a bit of a joke, but like you say, you don't HAVE to buy one.

This is just the way football is, like it or not. We are not the only club doing it, and it isn't even just premiership clubs, a lot of clubs do it. They know shirt sales is one of they're biggest incomes, and they know if they have a new shirt every season it will just keep making them money.

At least in 10 years time you'll have a nice collection of Chelsea history - this shirt was from the season when we won the league and FA Cup, this one from when we won the champions league for the first time, etc etc.

Plenty of mugs will splash out the money for 3 new shirts every year so why not?

As you said, we're not obliged to wear them. I haven't worn a replica shirt in years, don't get what all the fuss is about.

I've never understood people whinging about the prices of replica shirts, if it's too much then don't buy them. Simple!

Cameron   
Home, away and third.

All bloody 3 are coming out every year, and even though we're not obliged to buy them I think it's a bloody disgrace that to go down to the megastore and buy one printed for £61.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We are now "officially" the Man Utd of the South.

Home shirts can only be changed if a sponsor changes etc otherwise it is a 2 year cycle. Chelsea and other clubs tend to use this to their advantage - we had our centinary kit (which is allowed) and then a change in kit and club sponsors one after the other.

There was a ruling regarding the circle of away shirts but that must have changed. Clubs also like to ensure that an away shirt will clash at some point to justify the use of a 3rd kit.

Remember our so called champions league black kit from 2 years ago? That was worn a handful of times which I'm surprised the club werent pulled up on for false advertising.

My parents would always by me the home shirt as a kid as my mum said it was good value - how many other tops would a young lad wear to about 100 times a year - going to football, playing football/most sports really!, and when ever its in the box?

I think it was PT Barnum who said "There's a sucker born every minute"...

Don't be a sucker!!

Exactly.

No one is forcing you to buy the shirts. Seriously. NO ONE.

Not having the latest shirt doesn't make you any less of a fan or anything so why are you worrying?

And jeez if it bothers you that much just do what I do...get them from abroad. They cost about £8.

Must've said this about a hundred times on the forum by now!