• Current Donation Goals

New Chelsea kit - well fitted 'cycling shirt' design - potential for even more fashion disasters down in SW6 next season!!!

You can just see it can't ya - So Bar on a matchday, full of fat geezers in skin tight cycling shirts doing the "bouncy".

Those seasons from 83-86 seem like another bloody universe.

js21   

to be honest.. all of them look horrible.

-Flo-   
Just be grateful Hummel aren't doing it.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/humm...home-shirt_2639

At least they are inventive. ^^

Using a cycling shirt for a football-jersey just seems weird to me like ... "Luke, you gotta get these concepts for next seasons Chelsea shirts ready!" ... "Yeah, I know. I've been drowning in work lately. Let's just paste a logo on one of those ugly-as-f**k cycling shirts and call it a day!" :P

At least they are inventive.

Not really, it's as if someone's thought of the first thing they can associate with Sierra Leone and then just stuck it on the the front of the shirt. It would be like France's next kit having a picture of a piece of garlic on it, it just makes no sense.

I've added a few more images to show greater detail:

http://www.carefreechris.com/2009/02/04/ch...e-kits-2009-10/

They look good, but I'm still not sold on the cycling top template, the away kit looks really nice and the third is nice too, but am I the only one who thinks the shoulder bits on the home kit make lamps look like a power ranger?

Adaemus   

And here it is - the first leaked 'real' photo...

It almost looks purple in that image...I'm sure that's just the light though...

Note that the Adidas stripes do actually appear in white on the arms; I always suspected they might. It also doesn't look too tight-fitting; assuming this isn't a photo of an extra-large shirt anyway.

So there you have it...I do think it looks a bit bland like that but seeing as Adidas don't allow any 'workers' near the prototypes it certainly appears that this is the final, certified home shirt for 09/10.

It must be said though Chris, your detailed images actually look better than the real thing...

I personally thought last seasons kit was one of the best home kits we ve ever had..not a big fan of this one..given Moscow etc etc...n its gettin ridiculous coming out with a home kit every season...last one I bought was the centenary top..I doubt very much I ll be givin PK 40 quid of my hard earnt money again..