• Current Donation Goals

> the blue socks have been a common factor in many an abysmal performances

How much more of this drivel do we have to read? It came up after the bollox with the badge just to have another dig at something. I looked out for our performances after that to see if it stood up. Not one single time to my knowledge, capped by the winning of the league at Bolton. I think we wore blue socks in the Super League Cup win against RM as well.

Of all the reasons given for bad performances in the past, socks has to be the most outright cobblers. Give it a rest.

Historically, we wore White shorts and Blue socks until the early Sixties. If we were to revert to White shorts for the Centenary kit, then the natural assumption would be that we wear Blue socks as well. I've heard plenty of rumours in the last couple of months but this is the first time I've heard this one. Can't see it personally. The kit was changed in the early sixties at the request of the Doc due to the proliferation of teams who play in Blue/White/Blue. I can't see any reason for reverting back considering the number of teams playing in Blue/White/Blue is still common.

I personally do not care for the world how our new kit is gonna look like as long as it's blue and it represents Chelsea as a world-class team.

I'd hate to see people whining about how the kit looks terrible and they need this and that and crap when the new kit is shown in july, and CERTAINLY not in this intelligent forum.

If it looks terrible on you or you think it'll look terrible, it's probably the case where you need to get up from those recliners and start working your fat bellies off. If not, thank god for umbros providing 4XL shirts.

> We wore them against arsenal in the champs league last year...

So we did. Thanks.

So this subject won't see the light of day again, will it? Please promise...

quote:Originally posted by Shaun Forever

I got this e-mail today from the megastore

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

We can inform you that the new kit will be available for pre-order in July,

orders being delivered in August.

I hope this information helps you, should you have any further questions please

do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,

id="quote">

id="quote">

Well at least the mega store send you a reply Shaun,the WA supporters club had been waiting for a rely so we can order some gear, we waited over two weeks without a reply in the end we just ordered, as we are overseas we shouldn't have pay VAT, anyway looks like we'll get our stuff later rather than sooner.

According to Kitbag, the new home shirts will be available 4 August, with pre-orders being taken from 6 July. The away kits won't be available until September.

So we'll be able to see the new home kits on 6 July at the latest.

"Well at least the mega store send you a reply Shaun,the WA supporters club had been waiting for a rely so we can order some gear, we waited over two weeks without a reply in the end we just ordered, as we are overseas we shouldn't have pay VAT, anyway looks like we'll get our stuff later rather than sooner"

I had to e-mal them twice before they would reply, I know they get busy, but the emails were about three weeks apart.