• Current Donation Goals

"The primary colour is ember glow, with ultramarine blue playing a strong supporting role. The blue appears on the jersey’s V-neck collar, shoulders and on vertical stripes which gradually fade away down the front of the shirt. Ember glow shorts and blue socks complete the full look."

"Ember glow"? What a load of horses**t - - rec more like. And blue playing a supporting role? I'm not happy with that.

In any case, it looks like someone has washed it and the dye has run out.

bert19   
44 minutes ago, Ham said:

So apparently it's only to be used on European duty.  Limits the number of times we'll have to see it. 👍

Controversially it's inspired by the original Nike Air Max. It's celebrates something from our sponsors as opposed to the club.  👎

As a sneakerhead, I can say with a decent amount of certainty it is not inspired by the original Air Max (sadly).  It's the Air Max 180, which is a bit underwhelming really.  

It's a crap kit though.  And the blue alone really makes it a bit redundant.  I'm expecting a 4th kit to suddenly appear by Christmas or so (maybe that black and gold kit that has been floating about).  We've got 3 blue kits, so the need for something different will surely arise 

JaneB   

Truly hideous.  I hope no one buys it.

Football is losing its soul in so many ways :-(

bert19   
9 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Truly hideous.  I hope no one buys it.

Football is losing its soul in so many ways :-(

Suppose it's the problem with changing three kits every season.  Means the crap ideas come round twice as often as they used to...

• Like 1

Stim   

It's just like how can anyone with working eyes look at that and think its a good idea?

Ham   

In response to "It's a Chelsea thing"

👏👏👏

I guess I am in the minorty.........but I quite like it!  It's a little bit different, but I think we often produce a nice looking away shirt throughout the years.

I wouldn't buy it, but I don't buy football shirts being a man who is close to 40. If I did buy football shirts, then I would probably buy it.

5 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I guess I am in the minorty.........but I quite like it!  It's a little bit different, but I think we often produce a nice looking away shirt throughout the years.

I think it's  ... Fine? Not drawn to it but don't think it's much different aesthetically to most third kits.

It's just ... Very blue for a third kit, especially when the second kit is even more blue. That's my issue with it.