• Current Donation Goals

Cheers Bob S - My daughter taking away the kit  from her 7 year old might be a tad more challenging, than the process of replacement with the club

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Regarding the squad itself, the club have to submit numbers before the first game, so some of the players listed will no longer be with us once the transfer window closes.

Useful.  I'm guessing Gilmour would have a much lower number if he was expected to be with the squad for the season - so off on loan.

bert19   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Useful.  I'm guessing Gilmour would have a much lower number if he was expected to be with the squad for the season - so off on loan.

He's injured for at least the next few weeks, so maybe in January if at all? 

Odd that he's still up at 47 though, would have expected it to change regardless

25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Like Tomori? 

28 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Odd that he's still up at 47 though, would have expected it to change regardless

Scottish newspaper said that after his recent successful surgery, he was targetting a return to training within the next 8 weeks.

45 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I think he has at least a month, perhaps longer to get a loan sorted.

25 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Like Tomori? 

Well Tomori looks like going on loan whatever (wherever), so I presume his new number is a reward/consolation to say he is still loved.
But moving out of the 40s into the 20s is usual for a young player joining the squad rather than just having to be on the bench in the LC.

bert19   
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think he has at least a month, perhaps longer to get a loan sorted.

Well Tomori looks like going on loan whatever (wherever), so I presume his new number is a reward/consolation to say he is still loved.
But moving out of the 40s into the 20s is usual for a young player joining the squad rather than just having to be on the bench in the LC.

CarefreeYouth on Twitter reporting that Henry Lawrence wore Gilmour's 47 in the EFL cup game the other night.  Could be indicative that there is a change coming for Gilmour ?

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Generally, the club have exchanged 'old' shirts for new if you've retained proof of purchase from a recognised outlet.

Regarding the squad itself, the club have to submit numbers before the first game, so some of the players listed will no longer be with us once the transfer window closes.

EhiNXxgXsAEe4fO.png

A great resource to bookmark - list of all shirt numbers going back to 1993/4
already updated to include this.
No idea who keeps it going:
https://www.myfootballfacts.com/premier-league/premier-league-clubs-2/chelsea-squad-numbers/

bert19   
29 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Shirt numbers are all on transfermarkt as well, going back to the sixties.

A period where I daresay it would have been a fair bit easier - 1-11 and occasionally 12 😄

Guessing the complication then was remembering which player wore 9 one week and who wore it the next