• Current Donation Goals

Kal   

I actually really like the home kit... and think the new away kit will also look good. However, what I am NOT happy with is Umbro using exactly the same design as they did for Forest kits. That's just cheap and spiteful on the part of Umbro. However, seeing as the kits look good in my opinion, I can't really complain.

And Rachel... the Arsenal kit looks good? Yeah, I can't help but scowl or burst out laughing (whichever suits the situation) when I see it, if I'm honest!

quote:Originally posted by Kal

I actually really like the home kit... and think the new away kit will also look good. However, what I am NOT happy with is Umbro using exactly the same design as they did for Forest kits. That's just cheap and spiteful on the part of Umbro. However, seeing as the kits look good in my opinion, I can't really complain.

And Rachel... the Arsenal kit looks good? Yeah, I can't help but scowl or burst out laughing (whichever suits the situation) when I see it, if I'm honest!

id="quote">

id="quote">

It's also the same as the new England kit and the Lyon one, with the St. George's cross filled in or in different colours. It was the same last season, Everton's was almost exactly the same, barring a few extra bits of white. And one of Lyon's kits last season was exactly the same design as the 'fag packet' kit, but with different coloured stripes. What I'm trying to say is that it's nothing new! Loo at the Nike Total 90 designs!

I'm always quite surprised when people say 'it's nothing special'. What do they expect, flashing lights along the seems! It's a Chelsea Football shirt for Christ sakes. It's gonna be Blue, have the new badge and the Umbro trademark. If they want something radical then perhaps we should change the colour. Tourquoise or pink, anyone.

There's only so much you can do with a piece of blue material! Perhaps they should have made it skintight like kappa so we could all look like fat Spurs fans. Very appealing!

As long as it is royal blue and not the dark blue as it appears in the photo, then the design doesn't really bother me. It could have a skirt attached and I'd probably get it, if only to wear in the privacy of my own bedroom with a nice pair of slingbacks and... whoops!

quote:Originally posted by Rachel Harris

Hmm, not that keen to be honest. It isn't really anythign special and unless it's just the light the gold looks yellow, I was really expecting something special. I saw someone wearing Arsenals new kit the other day and asmuch as it pains me to say it looked good, I especially liked the gold colour of the sponsors name and really hoped we'd have the same.

Probably just me being fussy and picky, but I am disappointed!

id="quote">

id="quote">Blimey ! Rachel your having' a laugh! the new Arsenal kit is VILE! Sour grape colour with a faded golden logo that looks like it's worn out!Yuck!

Mark, thats what I'll say when in the company of Arsenal fans, but I hate to admit I liked it :( Maybe if I keep telling myself its ugly I'll begin to beleive it

I thought, like Rachel, it would look better.

Not sure if I will fork out the 40 quid. But then, I probably will.

quote:Originally posted by Rachel Harris

Mark, thats what I'll say when in the company of Arsenal fans, but I hate to admit I liked it :( Maybe if I keep telling myself its ugly I'll begin to beleive it

id="quote">

id="quote">

You wait until Pires performs his first dive, or Arsene denies seeing anything to do with the 22 man punch up with utd, and henry scores a hat trick against wigan with 1 quickly taken free kick, a deflected effort from 8 yards and a tap in after someone else has done all the work.....then you will hate it like the rest of us.

sorry, had to get it all out

CHAMPIONS

Let's just be clear on this folks. The new Arsenal kit is pink. Not 'redberry', not 'maroon', not 'redcurrant'...

It's pink.

And they're not very good.

;)

The Arsenal kit (as someone memorably stated on this site) is 'Sour Grapes', not pink, maroon or any other colour. I told this to a friend who is a Spurs fan and he laughed for the first time in living memory.