• Current Donation Goals

I agree with Mouch, that "fake" kit would look great, but as you can see they have just replaced the badge, sponsor and make of the kit to what Chelsea would have. I hope when we do get the new home kit in the 2005/2006 season it looks something like that.

I know this has been talked about a lot but I think I may have missed the conclusion of it! As we’re not going to wear any special home kit this season, does this mean this is not our century year?

Steveski   

No more new kits? Chelsea sneakily replaced the midnight blue away kit with the white one with stripes last season. That was in contravention of the promise to produce all new kits every two years. Now they are ready to produce every kit annually it seems.

Welcome Peter Kenyon. Mr Man Utd. Will it be a snazzy invisible grey kit next?

I'm sure Mr Buck said, on Friday, that the next home kit will be out next season and will have some sort of centenary thing on it. Seems like the club will acknowledge the centenary next season 1905/1906.

Thanks Peter. But damn we need someone who can do maths, it looks like nobody has a clue when our century year is, and someone needs to tell RA how much money he is spending on some of the players he's buying!

I've seen a glimpse of the new away kit on the official site.

Black and silver those old traditional Chelsea colours.

I know life long Man Utd fan Kenyon is trying to turn us into them but do we really have to start playing in their old cast off kits?

Also I cannot believe the paucity of designs and ideas that come out of Umbro (where Kenyon Originated) every year.

We are supposed to be THE team so why can't we have a "bespoke" kit that isn't going to be exactly the same design as 25 other teams throughout the league in a different colour way?

mungo   

take it easy man. a bit harsh to give them a grilling over the design after only seeing Terry's shoulders and the back of his head... give em a chance. The away kit has to be either black or white. What would you prefer, orange or green? I'd rather they looked like a team than a group of multi-coloured goal-keepers. wait till we see it... it will be bespoke but all premiership kits have to be similar or would you rather see some mid-riffs with the shoulders cut off?

Boogle   

Fair points, but remember that Umbro are British, and that we are the only top five team to wear it, unlike the nike of Man U and the Arse, or the Reebok and Adidas of Liverpool and Newcastle.

Actually , I'd like to see a return to either the old Jade green kit or an all yellow kit.Any kit that means we dont have to look like weve cobbled it together from two other kits like we do whenever we play someone with a blue shirt and white shorts.

However that's really not the point.

Look at the Arsenal shirt.

Seen any other team with the same design?

Even the old Umbro design Tangerine and graphite kit was exactly the same as Notts Forest kit just in another colour.

We are Chelsea, now more than ever we are special and our kit should reflect that.

I guarantee our new kit will be exactly the same as Man Utds old crap black kit with the red hoops replaced with silver and blue.Purely because of marketing demographics.

No? Didn't think so.

Very harsh. Why does everything new done by Kenyon have to be related to his days at Man Utd? I find it annoying. He used to be at Man Utd. Whoop-de-doo. I don't care.

I for one am looking forward to a black and silver kit. It's different to our usual away kits, and we needed something different to signify our commemorative year.

And so what if our kit is made by Umbro? I would rather them than Nike or Adidas, who's kits look exactly the same apart from different colours. Chelsea are, I think, the only top flight team in England to have Umbro as their manufacturer, as do England. And so what if Kenyon used to work for Umbro? It's just a coincidence.

Bring the new kit on, let's see what it's like before slating it.

Could be worse lads, we could be skanky gooners and actually walking around in last years Man U kit pretending it's our new home kit!!

Have you seen how shocking that is? Talk about the poor relations of the nike deal. We're much better off with Umbro, who after all are pretty much dedicated to football!

Just tryed having a butchers of the new kit on the Chelse website and I think they've changed the design/layout of the actual site, I had a side menu come up then it booted me saying too many people are trying to access it!