• Current Donation Goals

quote:Originally posted by Raymond Liu

We've obviously got a Mac fan in Toby. My point is that for someone like me who views gaming as a big part of using a computer Macs are less upgradeable, I may be wrong, and have less powerful video cards, I may be wrong again.

id="quote">

id="quote">

I bloody hated Macs... until I actually used one. Jo's eMac plays games much smoother than my laptop, which is about ten times as powerful as her machine.. (Tony Hawks as an example.... jerky on my machine, lovely on hers). You can also upgrade a Mac as easily as you can a PC - open up, plug new bits in, close it. Done. The only gripe I have is that they ppgrade/release new versions of their MacOS too often.

I'm not generally into gaming on my PC though... got my PS2 for that!

This thread has just evolved from the new Chelsea kit into the pros and cons of Pc and Mac..interesting..mind we have enough "new kit" threads for the moment anyway!

Must say my Mac is great! Worked in the I.T industry for 4 years on P.C's. Bought a Mac last year out of the blue, will never go back. Hasnt crashed once. its like changing from Claudio to Jose!

sogood   
quote:Originally posted by Toby Brown
quote:Originally posted by True Blue Gary

I'm afraid it's the end of Apple Macs as the mighty Bill Gates proves to be too much...

id="quote">

id="quote">

Microsoft and PC's are the machines of choice for much of the working world, however get into the creative media side of things and you'll find Macs rule the roost.

id="quote">

id="quote">

Excuse me, I'm a multimedia designer and aspiring 3d animator - I run a mac g5. Further, most of holywood movies are now edited using apple software on mac g5s. PC.s are the poor mans substitute !!!

sogood   
quote:Originally posted by True Blue Gary

I'm afraid it's the end of Apple Macs as the mighty Bill Gates proves to be too much...

id="quote">

id="quote">

Gates cleans Steve Jobbs boots! (you have to be a mac man to get that one)

basole   

Halleluah X 4 the socks are white!!!!!!!!!! That means another double over the scousers!!! ole ole ole !!!!!!

CFCnet had a (good) meeting with the Club yesterday. Carefree Chris, you caused quite a stir within Stamford Bridge with those pictures you put up on CFCnet!!!!! How on earth did you get them? When the Club commented on it I just went blank, coughed and mumbled!