• Current Donation Goals

This is just the new training kit. Obviously the players were asked to pose during training, the press conference to show the new home kit was postponed last week, we'll probably get that this coming week, so they are hardly going to show a new 'away' kit in this way!

kane   

it looks to me like the training kit,home and away kits dont have numbers on the front.I'm sure we will see new kit early next week.

I would have thought that it was a training kit, if it is the new away kit, I would have thought it would have been advertised more!!!

quote:Originally posted by Jez Walters

This is an interesting thread more for who posted it! As a professional working in the PR and advertising industry (as are most of the rest of us at CFCnet if you include new media), I can only assume that Mr Mourinho belongs to Umbro's PR department, Umbro's PR agency and/or Chelsea Football Club's Merchandising!

Our resident sleuth, Mr Sampson, will I am sure track down the perpetrator and find the url of who posted this. I'll wait intrigued.

If it is from a PR, shame on you for being so blatant! I ask you:

"I must say umbro have a done a real good job, best yet, its gonna be a top seller !!!!"

Yeah right. Which part of the press release was this pulled from? Next time, we'll ask you for a fee.

Anyway, if this IS the new away strip, well, it looks good to me. Perhaps it's a training kit though. Any other thoughts out there?

id="quote">

id="quote">

Considering the England training tops were almost the exact same design (apart from colouring), I'd say they are most definitely training tops.

Another reason for thinking they're not the away kit, is because it is not advertised as being so on the page. Surely they would mention it, if it was the new away kit!

Since it isn't the new away kit, I doubt this poster does work for Umbro or Chelsea, as they wouldn't post to advertise the training top as being the new away kit...

I saw this on the Chelsea site about an hour ago Jez. Have to say my immediate impression was that its a new training kit, not an actual strip. Does look the mutts nuts though!

cfcjon   

It has got to be a training kit. It has numbers above the Umbro logo suggesting that the players have took a break in training to pose for the picture. Also that X style down the arm has only been used on training kits before, such as some England ones.

As a final note, if this was an unveiling session, why would Lamps be wearing £1 off the market socks. I rest my cakes.

mo_k   

It is their training kit, for sure. The marks on the shoulders are normally used by umbro for the training kits. Chelsea never train in their playing kits, and if they were why would it be the away one?

Its a training kit. Notice the number of the player on top of Umbro logo. Official kits would never have that. Plus this doesn't go along with reports of the light blue away kit (which seem to be accurate considering the home kit reports, coming from the same sources, were dead on).