• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

hanuma   
Actually makes me quite sad to know that people only like them for the new garbage, they've lost that grittiness that made me crack a beer and light a smoke everytime I put on youth and young manhood. Sex on Fire? **** on a stick.

Selling to a different market now; their gritty-ometer is now functioning at the teenie-pop level; they've taken up 'The Strokes' spot in the marketplace for making 'introductory music' to the "indie" scene. Easy money for them, they can retire after another album of 'drink, boobs and dysfunction'.

Actually makes me quite sad to know that people only like them for the new garbage, they've lost that grittiness that made me crack a beer and light a smoke everytime I put on youth and young manhood. Sex on Fire? **** on a stick.

Have to agree with you. Definitely sad to see a band lose all their originality in the search for fame. I can't remember a more blatant grab at attention than Sex on Fire. They've become the pop staple of 14 year old girls and band-wagoners, which for me is very disappointing.

wise76   
iBsteve   

MGMT, Rilo Kiley, Thievery Corporation, Ladytron, Air, Rihanna, The Shins, Mew, Kanye West, Jupiter One, Zero 7, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Feist, Regina Spektor, The Stokes, RJD2.

Got tickets to see Coldplay at Wembley in September yesterday. Girls Aloud supporting them. I must confess I have never been to a proper concert (odd gig here and there) so this could be my first unless I go to one in the intervening 10 months!!

Got tickets to see Coldplay at Wembley in September yesterday. Girls Aloud supporting them. I must confess I have never been to a proper concert (odd gig here and there) so this could be my first unless I go to one in the intervening 10 months!!

Does that count as a music concert? ;)

I found an indie hip hop podcast on iTunes which release one free song per podcast. Some excellent songs there from people I've never heard of. Here's a few in youtube:

Mr. Lif - The Sun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulBAWxWNTeo

Mr Lif - "Brothaz" (Willie Ev. Remix)

Strangely, the remix ^ is much better than the original for me. Starts with an odd voice saying turn in your guns, but once the song starts... very good.

Sweatshop Union - Oh My: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AINBEN-t-30

I've heard of these guys before, from Canada. There's another good song of theirs I heard years back here:

Heard more good hip-hop/rap songs in this podcast in a few days than I heard in years through the mainstrem means. I'm a good mood :)

How can you be really into Dido? Unless you mean physically of course...

Don't know really. I'm a sucker for a certain range of a woman's voice (being serious, actually).

I not ask that very question for half the songs mentioned here, myself, even if my musical er... taste if you will, can seem preposterous.