• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Anyone here into Dream Theater at all? I've got a lot of time for them personally, although singer James LaBrie is a fat b**tard, who often sounds like someone is stamping on his testicles when live.

Best drummer ever though. In fact I'd probably say that Mike Portnoy is so good, he almost qualifies as a musician!

*Cue 'Benny Hill'-style Gronks chase involving lots of naked female drummers*

>> Anyone here into Dream Theater at all?

I've never really listened to much Dream Theater. I'm a fan of John Petrucci though, and I only discovered him through his solo work.

Edited by BluEbOy90

Does anybody here like Gil Scott Heron?

I do - 'Winter in America' and 'I think I'll call it morning' are up there in my top 20 favourite records. He got banged up recently didn't he?? - very partial to the powder is Gil!!

He got banged up recently didn't he?? - very partial to the powder is Gil!!

He's always getting banged up. First time I went to see him he called it off because he was in rehab. The last time I saw him he seems to be almost caving in from the inside. Still a great voice - somehow.

Gil's been smoking crack for a while and it's completely ruined him, as it does. Hence the prison sentences and rehab.

According to some reports, he's also contracted HIV, which is pretty tragic.

His early '70s stuff with Brian Jackson is quality.

(the most common bit of trivia about him is his father being Celtic's first black footballer in the '50s)

Edited by 1johnnyspencer

Damn I never knew that about his father. A colleague of mine here used to live near him. I think he still lives in Arlington or Alexandria just outside of Washington D.C. He's had a rough and tumble life for sure.

How was he live, Harry? I should've known an erudite man such as yourself would like Gil :)

I have yet to see him live. I never really appreciated John Coltrane until I listened to Gil. He is also an author, bought one of his books a while back but haven't started it yet.

Damn I never knew that about his father. A colleague of mine here used to live near him. I think he still lives in Arlington or Alexandria just outside of Washington D.C. He's had a rough and tumble life for sure.

I thought he was living in Brooklyn ('baby'). One of the finest artists on the plant as far as I'm concerned!!

I was delighted to find a compilation recently of the ravishing Siouxie.

I tried it out on the kids, only the 9yr old girl liked it, she thaught Siouxie was pretty.

The others are into this wishy-washy bubblegum metal & so-called gothic stuff.

When I told themSiouxie basicly invented the Gothic style, they just gave me that 'ok, lets humour the old fart' look

No pocket money for a month should regain their respect & admiration.

Your are indeed a man of great taste Benner, Susie Sue. JUJU has to be one of my all time favourite albums, we are entranced,spellbound.