• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Osgood 9   
How much of the '90s can you even remember?

A Fair bit of it.

If he had the original pokemon cards and was into the original series, then he's a 90's kid.

I did have the original pokemon cards.

Lol I was into all that and majorly into Power Rangers.

I'm getting all Nostalgic!

Edited by Osgood 9

Osgood 9   

Kasabian are briliant mate.Probs the biggest band at the minute

For the Interpol fans out there Paul Banks has made a solo record under the name Julian Plenti. Album is called 'Is Skyscraper'. Haven't listened to it yet so can't comment on the quality but is apparently much like Interpol.

Osgood 9   
I prefer The Enemy.

Saw them live with Kasabian and Oasis at Murrayfield.The Enemy from what I saw (Which wasn't very much) were very good.

Kasabian are briliant mate.Probs the biggest band at the minute

Really?

I prefer The Enemy.

Not really sure how The Enemy can be anyone's favourite band. I find the whole 'Lad rock' thing a bit silly, especially when you look as ratty as The Enemy do. The gigs seem to be rated on the amount of beer thrown rather than musical talent (which is probably a good job for some of the bands). If you are a fan of that type of music then surely there are better options out there. Their new album is awful, especially the lyrics. One cracking example is:

You know there’s no such thing a free meal, and there aint no future in British steel

then... No one ever gives you anything for free, unless you start sleeping with the BBC.

This DiS Article sums it up better than I ever could.

Sorry to pick on one band, I respect people have their own tastes and all that but The Enemy really are another level. And the have the cheek to call themselves the 'Band of the people.' B*****ks.

xCELERYx   

Got Constellations album by August Burns Red and gave it a bit of a listen today again. It's not bad, some decent tracks but still rather previous album. Solid none the less.

I'm going to admit a slight guilty pleasure of the moment;

*hides under a rock*

Just that version of the song, don't like the proper version and don't rate her in general at all. However the vocal power at times and just the general piano make this track actually enjoyable to listen to.

Vinod   

Listening to Billy Joel today. Class stuff he has produced - Captain Jack, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, Piano Man ....

OTCFC   

Spent the last couple of weeks with the new Muse track, "United States of Eurasia" on repeat, and now also their new single "Uprising." Really looking forward to hearing the full album in mid-September and then seeing them live again twice at the O2 in November. :)